G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Body Shop Woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body Shop Woes

Brought the car in to debadge the trunk lid + fill up a scratch

got the car back. they washed it with a brush (after I just polished it too) and left some bubbles of paint on the quater i.e. created more blemishes than they removed. the trunk lid is painted the same nissan black (which I despise) but it seems like the paint gun they used was dirty and either some white paint or pollen dried into the lid. looks metalic now.

last but not least - the entire car is rough like sand paper...as if it got attacked by clear overspray. should I clay it all off, or should I ask them to repaint the entire car rofl. they left polishing compound all over the friggin car. even left a whole glob of it on my exhaust tip !

just thought I should tell ya guys. I know that they will fix it because they are extremely popular on the local forum and I have seen them perform flawless work before

im assuming that they released an intern/trainee on my G. will release the pwnage when I go back there on wednesday

I'm sick of my luck with this stupid car. every time I had something installed - I ALWAYS had to go back to have it "reinstalled". They see how young Iam and so they give me the run around. well I have a pretty busy ****ing life too *******s. so just do it right the first time. even the stuff I ordered myself all came with issues. My exhausts rasps contrary to the sellers claims, my tvnav2go broke TWICE contrary to the sellers reliability claims. my dealership popped a ding in my 1/4 and tried to cover it up (reason why iam at the body shop) and even after irrefutable evidence, denied responsibility. another body shop ripped me off when they repaired my rocker - countless allignment shops lied to me. tints had to be re-done THREE times (first time glue was sprayed all over cabin, second time - the film was bubbled) exhaust shop popped a hole in my gas tank (wtf?) tire shop scrathed 3 out of 4 of my wheels during tire mount. another dealership destroyed my dash during TSB repair (another dealership replaced the other dealerships mal-repair).

what did i learn from all this? do everything yourself. now I never have any issues with dealerships or garages. **** - I did my own allignment the other day with strings and jackstands. all of a sudden, my brakes dont squeek, my suspension doesnt rattle, the car drives straight and **** doesnt break. where is the loophole? oh yea, I still have to buy the friggin parts from people. that **** still breaks. I no longer have the energy to return ****. cats took a long friggin time to install - im not removing them and sending them back cause of poor performance. im not gonna tear my dash apart one more time to reinstall this stupid tvswitcher.

so why did I write this entire rant? cause iam numb to all this now
the body shop ****ed up (which is strange cause every car I see roll out of there comes out flawless) and I dont feel anything. almost as if I knew it would happen...even though I was positive it wouldnt. WTF is going on with my life

I always feel like this car is always in a state of recovery

Last edited by Neal376; 07-02-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol dude, its jsut a car; don't take any **** from anyone, get it fixed and make sure they know you'll be back again and again until they do it right. and this time demand a loaner vehicle.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
damn Neal, that sucks, hopefully it all works out for you in the end. You're right about doing everything yourself. I've never once taken my car to the dealer for anything and i do all my work but paint and body.
-GP-

Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal I can relate to your pain man seems like I am constantly having drama with every car I've ever modded. It really is a part of the "Total Ownership Experience" it's the less rewarding side but it doesn't ever stop. As for the bodyshop I have taken my car to the same body shop seems like every two weeks they work on BMWs and Benzes so I thought they were a qaulity shop but their paint guy just can't seem to paint match worth a damn. My car is going back to their shop July 5th to have the passenger door repainted after they scratched it and repainted it two weeks ago. As far as the rough feel to your paint it's from the sander it does take a couple good washes to get rid of it. I recommend holding off on claying until your new paint has had a chance to cure. Just use some paste wax and a little elbow grease before claying.