G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 - Revenge Of The Hood Hinge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 - Revenge Of The Hood Hinge

Hi All,

I have had a problem with my hood hinge, it decided to bind up after 2 1/2 years, fun part is that when the hinge failed it chipped the paint and bent the hood and fender.

Thought being 2 1/2 years old with 53k miles, Infiniti would think this was unacceptable for one of their cars and quickly take care of it.

My experience at the dealership was a total suprise, they said the problem was due to RUST and would not cover it. (Rust? 2 1/2 years and it rusts so it can't open? The only RUST on the car is on the brake rotors and exhaust system. This car was operated in the Northeast where the roads are salted.)

So, I figure that the dealership was just crummy decide to go to another dealership. I call first and explain my problem, "covered under the warranty" they report. Wait two weeks for an appointment with a loaner and while dropping off "Sorry, this was declined by another dealership, we can't help. You need to go back to dealer #1".

OK, I'll contact Infiniti for assistance, surely they will take care of this...... Well after 2 weeks of waiting Infiniti reports "we need to follow the recommendations of our dealerships"

WTF. This is ridiculous. Warranty aside, you should be able to open a hood on a 2 1/2 year old car without causing damage.

I am preparing to go in for arbitration with the BBB, If anyone has had a similar experience, please email me the details and what the end result was. I think this information will be helpful to convince the arbitrator that this is not an isolated incident, and hopefully will set a precedent for Infiniti to handle their problems. (Yeah Right!)

When I am finished, I will post the result of the arbitration here.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Hmmm this may be a dumb question to ask since but Isn't the rust warranty good for over 50k miles? Either way sorry for your loss I'm sure this is a long drawn out and fustrating process when you're 1 guy going up against Infiniti and their dealers. Good luck to you.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
If it wasn't such a bish to align the hood, I would say get one from a wrecker and do it your self...

I am guessing your car is an 05? I would say this is a warranty item. It's beyond me why they wouldn't replace it. The knox area dealer bends over backwards for people here.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I have that problem on my 03