G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Suspension?

I just purchased a 04 G35 with sport suspension. Does anyone know how much lower the sport suspension is over the regular set up? Also what are the difference between the two? I bought the car because it was a good deal and the color that I wanted, but I am not sure if I really like the sport suspension.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: G35 Suspension?

No difference in ride height. The sport suspension has stiffer spirngs and firmer shocks. I'm sitting on a non-sport suspension in my garage, on of these day's I'll take the measurements of the springs to work out their spring rates, which I did a long time about on the sport suspension's springs and for the 350Z/G35 coupe. How they differ on the road, the non sport is under dampened, meaning it's shock's are not as firm as they should be for some conditions their confronted with, very easy to fluster the chassis as road conditions worsen. Plus excess squat during accelleration and excess brake dive are also present, meaning excess weight transfer issues. If you don't push the car performance wise, those thing's mean a lot less or nothing at all, depends on you driving style and that proper behavior means to you. BTW, all the car's have the same OEM sway bars.

And I can't say the sport suspension is all that for performance, it wasn't enough for me. So I replaced it with the 350Z's suspension, which improved several key area's. It has to, only way I can over look the bounce I have now.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt

Old 01-27-2004, 05:50 AM

I didnt' get the sport suspension because IMOP the silver console that comes with it is ugly as [censored]. I don't know why they tied having the sport suspension to an interior difference... if they hadn't I would have got it

Plus driving one with and one without I couldn't feel much of a difference anyway

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages

Old 01-27-2004, 10:48 AM

I bought a non-Sport because I didn't like the titanium trim that came with the Sport package. After 15,000 miles, I decided I wanted the Sport suspension, so I bought the 4 springs/struts off another Sedan owner, who had recently upgraded to the 350Z components. There is a definite difference between the two. As Gsedan35 pointed out, the non-Sport tends to be under-dampened and there is a lot of body roll, pitch, and lean during spirited driving and on the twisties. The Sport suspension is tighter. Body roll, acceleration-squat, and deceleration-dive are definitely reduced. It works for me - it's like driving a whole new car and I'm truly thrilled with the upgrade. As Gsedan35 states though, it's not really "high performance" or anything - it's just a sportier ride on a sport-luxury car. If you want to get serious, check out Gsedan35's other posts - the man is the King of Suspension!

-townsley-
2003.0 Silver/Willow Premium AT Sedan/
K&N Filter/Z Tube/Battery Master Switch/ InSaNeAmine Grounding Kit/Solar Guard Tint/
Sport Shocks & Struts/Aluminum Pedals/Splash Guards

Old 01-27-2004, 04:04 PM
G Kreuzer

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

... because IMOP the silver console that comes with it is ugly as [censored].

<hr></blockquote>... I can agree w. that, but I'm assuming you're refering to the AUTOs right? The 6mt center console (different past the audio system) actually looks very attractive with the 'Titanium' finish.

Clint (THX723)