G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

After breakin period

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After breakin period

I'm a newbee, just pick up my 04 G35 sedan couple of weeks ago. I was wondering do most people reset their ECU after the 1200 miles breakin period? Because I have been driving like a little old lady during this breakin period. Do most of you notice differences after the reset (little, some, a lot). Finally what does resetting the ECU do other than resetting the computer (my guess?).

Old 01-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: After breakin period

Strictly speaking, a reset shouldn't be necessary. You will probably notice an immediate difference if you do however, based on what you've said of your grannying style thus far. The engine response will be snappier as will the shifting.

You could just forget the ECU reset and go for a couple of weeks of spirited drives! Several runs at WOT will do your engine some good at this point anyway, and it'll give you a smile on your face! If you've been grannying it, you deserve to treat yourself.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Besides, that way you can tell your wife or whom ever that you 're SUPPOSED to drive it that way after the break-in to get the engine to work properly.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forum BTW.

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>