G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New to the site, and new to G35's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to the site, and new to G35's

Hello all,

New to the forum and I must say I am impressed. Lots of really, really nice cars and lots of helpful information!

Just got rid of my money pit 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T and picked up a 2004 G35 sedan (5-AT) with only 20k miles on it. I did like my Jetta a lot, but I did not like fixing it (this past summer included timing belt, water pump, front axle, clutch). I have been a VW/Audi driver for quite some time now and this is my first Japanese car. So far I am loving the big displacement, rear drive, and build quality. This is a great car!

I did drive a 6MT model (same year) and I did like but I thought the clutch was a bit heavy. I sell wines & spirits in the Minneapolis area and do lots of freeway driving and get stuck in traffic pretty often (especially now with the recent I-35 bridge collapse ) so I decided to skip the 6MT as much as I love shifting myself. This is one well made autobox though, clearly this is not a "slushbox" Hehe

I'll be seeing all of you around!

Edit: Ooops, sorry this should have been posted in the new owner section, sorry!

Last edited by digitalgulby; 08-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Welcome. I made the same decision with going auto living in the Boston area, plus I got a great deal on it. living in never ending traffic I still haven't had the chance to push it more than a couple times, but leaving it in 3rd is very nice for city driving, enjoy.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Any good threads to read to get me started on simple first mods or good DIYs or that kind of stuff? Links?

Old 08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Use the "search" to find out stuff before posting a bunch of questions.
The "search" is located in the "Forums" pull down. Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will learn tons of good stuff!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
What are your goals? The plenum spacer (best bang for buck minor yet noticable engine performance), coupe/z suspension components (handling/lowering), sway bars(handling), and coupe mid pipe (weight reduction/exhaust note) are all good places to start because they are safe, inexpensive, easy to install, and have decent results from what I hear. I'll be doing them soon myself based on what I read here. There are hundreds of threads on them, I've read many of them, search these phrases and you'll see.

The only choice for major power gain is forced induction which is expensive, but there are several good options there that span from roughly $5K-$15K depending on how much you want. Ttrank will tell you it's addictive and you'll end up upgrading your FI once you start like he's been doing, which I'm sure is true. There are a quite a few options so you just need to spend a lot of time reSEARCHing on here.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
yeah i think research is the key to your happiness as well as your wallets ..

lol

Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Castro
What are your goals? The plenum spacer (best bang for buck minor yet noticable engine performance), coupe/z suspension components (handling/lowering), sway bars(handling), and coupe mid pipe (weight reduction/exhaust note) are all good places to start because they are safe, inexpensive, easy to install, and have decent results from what I hear. I'll be doing them soon myself based on what I read here. There are hundreds of threads on them, I've read many of them, search these phrases and you'll see.

The only choice for major power gain is forced induction which is expensive, but there are several good options there that span from roughly $5K-$15K depending on how much you want. Ttrank will tell you it's addictive and you'll end up upgrading your FI once you start like he's been doing, which I'm sure is true. There are a quite a few options so you just need to spend a lot of time reSEARCHing on here.
Well my goal is keep it fairly simple. Forced induction has not even crossed my mind, as this is my daily driver and cannot afford downtime.

I have noticed that the FX35 and the G35c have a nice deep exhaust sound that my sedan does not. Is this what that mid-pipe will add to my car? If so, sign me up!

Suspension wise I probably won't do much, atleast initially. The plenum spacer I have read up on a little, I think this might be a fun mod as well.

Thanks for everyone's input, I'll be spending a lot of time this weekend on here looking around! I'm sure I'll be around for some time!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digitalgulby
I have noticed that the FX35 and the G35c have a nice deep exhaust sound that my sedan does not. Is this what that mid-pipe will add to my car? If so, sign me up!
I have a FX35 and my wife has the '03 G35 sedan. The FX, G coupe and 350Z all have a great exhaust note because of their similar exhaust setup, while the sedan has a different exhaust system and was designed to be quieter. Installing the G coupe midpipe on your G sedan will give you an exhaust sound closer to the other 3. I did the swap this week, and it sounds good.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
welcome to the forum

Old 08-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums,

G > VW!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
wttc .