G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

APS Oil pan on G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
APS Oil pan on G35x

Does it fit?

Does anyone with an X have an APS oil pan?

The front roll bar is not in the way or anything, and the front driveshaft tube goes through the oil pan (upper) but more to the rear. However the oil filter/cooler assembly is different on the X, it points forward because it uses a different 90 degree filter bracket. There are also some coolant lines on the driver side that are mounted next to the lower oil pan. They may be able to be relocated.

The main thing I am worried about is clearing the water line that comes out of the oil cooler.

Are there any spacers that come with two taps? (I need one for an oil return and one for an oil temp sensor I guess). Do the spacers come with extensions for the pickup tube (because the spacer lowers the oil pan floor)?

Old 04-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Konsole
Does it fit?
Does anyone with an X have an APS oil pan?
Hi Konsole,

I do not have the APS oil pan on my '04 G35X thanks to the honest folks at Performance Nissan (aka. MyNismo) telling me it would not fit. They said more than one customer with an 'X' returned the oil pan because it interfered with the suspension. I have to think that at that price ($365 USD), they would tell me if there was even the slightest chance.

For what it's worth... if you or someone else does find a quality aftermarket pan that works with the X, please post the details here.

Good luck,
Dan

Old 04-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
Hi Konsole,

I do not have the APS oil pan on my '04 G35X thanks to the honest folks at Performance Nissan (aka. MyNismo) telling me it would not fit. They said more than one customer with an 'X' returned the oil pan because it interfered with the suspension. I have to think that at that price ($365 USD), they would tell me if there was even the slightest chance.

For what it's worth... if you or someone else does find a quality aftermarket pan that works with the X, please post the details here.

Good luck,
Dan

Thanks for the info Dan.. i love this forum. I was just under my car and the coolant lines that go into the radiator are in the way but could be moved... however like I suspected the oil cooler line that sticks out the bottom would hit too.

The aps oil pan has a little groove in it to fit around the oil cooler line on a RWD model.

I don't see any suspension stuff in the way, but maybe with enough movement the front sway bar would hit.

OK.. so what spacers would work and let me install an oil temp sensor and oil return line (like for a vortech) ?

Old 04-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
The only spacer that I know of with holes is the Altered atmosphere one, I have it. The best way for what you are talking about is a sandwich plate adapter. I have the Greddy one which has two ports for whatever you like. I used mine for oil temp and pressure sensors.

Last edited by ttrank; 04-05-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Here is the spacer. The Forged site says you can use it for sensors too.

http://www.forgedperformance.com/sto...0&cat=0&page=1