G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dealership Lied and did not do the Oil Change. Charged me $81 for Synthetic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Lied and did not do the Oil Change. Charged me $81 for Synthetic

I'm extremely pissed off at this moment. Oakland Infiniti for the Bay Area people on here. AVOID

So I take my car in to a local shop to get my breaks checked out. Luckily I don't need new breaks, but they checked everything on the car also. They told me I had no Oil on the dip stick and asked where did I get my last oil change. I told them the dealership. They said I need to go down there right away because they did not put any oil in the car.

I had the oil changed 2 months ago at the dealership but no oil shows on the dip stick which they showed me. This shop has always been good to me and they have no reason to lie. They could have lied and said I need new breaks but I don't. I was going to originally have my oil done there but they are always booked way in advanced so I figured just this once I'd take it to the dealer since you can drop in. NEVER AGAIN. I'm about to go over there after work.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Your car might be burning oil......

Old 05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
^^+1

Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^ yeah lol your car might be burning oil

or you're reading the dipstick wrong.. our dipstick was designed by one..

Dealership has no reason to not do an oil change of you pay for it.. ESPCIALLY a dealership (service) is the last place that'll rip you off. You have any idea how much trouble they'll be in and how much money you can sue out of them if they pulled something like that?

You're assuming things thats going to **** you off and make you blow things out of perspective. Hopefully you do not go into the dealer and speak with your advisor before attempting to raise hell.. Your advisor deals with on average (here in socal) about 20-30 customers a day. Out of that at least 2-5 are pissed off or will be pissed off. The service manager deals with about 10 customers a day.. All 10 are guarentee to be pissed off or free loaders.. so to them you're just another guy.. take it easy they can work with you and help you see if you have an oil consumption problem and start the test.

As for your shop that checked the brakes.. they'll be stupid to tell you that you need brakes.. by california law we can recommend brakes if they're measured under three 32nds. Anything more and we recommend brakes its beyond hell with the automotive industry. Trust your shop a bit more.. 90% of the shops have good practices.. its their quality and ability of work that you gotta watch out on lol

Old 05-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
ur car is burning oil.. lol..
a dealer will not charge you $81 and not change your oil.. it would take you 10 seconds to check it.. (it's not worth it for them to lose their rep for mere $81)

I advise you to add more oil to ur engine ASAP..

What year/model is ur car?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
No oil 1 day after the dealer service = valid and reason to raise hell.

No oil 2 MONTHS after the service = no leg and raises the question as to why you aren't checking your oil level regularly. ie... at every gas fillup.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
personally i stay away from dealerships unless its a warrenty issue. i usually just take my care to my buddies shop. doesnt really give me a break in price, but its still cheaper then dealer and i have peace of mind.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
This sort of happened to my dad at a Lexus dealership here in MD, except it was the oil filter. Brought his RX in for an oil change, and he put a dot on the side of his old oil filter before going. After they finished he popped the hood and saw the dot still on the side of the filter and asked again if the tech was sure he changed the oil, and he said yeah he did. And then all hell broke loose with the general manager when my dad showed them the marking on the filter lol.

So yes, your car may be burning oil, but dealerships are a bunch of *******s and I would certainly not put it past them to charge you and not change your oil.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't know about the last one either with the lexus. First off you can change the oil of your without changing the filter. Dealers sometimes do this. Nor did the guy lie because he asked, "did you change the oil" not "did you change the oil and filter... so... not trying to be a dick but there are technicalities.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by jack_burton
I don't know about the last one either with the lexus. First off you can change the oil of your without changing the filter. Dealers sometimes do this. Nor did the guy lie because he asked, "did you change the oil" not "did you change the oil and filter... so... not trying to be a dick but there are technicalities.
my god.. would someone take their car in for an "oil" change?
come on..

Old 05-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by jack_burton
umm, i swear you have to change the oil filter when doing an oil change.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
sounds like you got screwed bad. Thats why I buy my own filter an oil and have my mechanic do the change for me and it cost no where near 80 bucks.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
What year G and transmission? I'm guessing it's and 05/06 6MT.

IMO, the motor is burning oil and it's not "out of oil". If you're 1.5 QTs low it won't register on the dipstick.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:04 AM
KFT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely sounds like oil was added during the oil change. You'd have no oil pressure and get a light on the dash if they forgot to add it. Also the fact that you were able to drive two months - I'm sure the engine would've seized without oil in it. So you're losing oil, either burning or leaking.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:57 PM
OAKLAND INFINITI isn't owned by Hendricks any longer, and has always had sh*t service. Since I bought my car there, I've had it serviced there. What a mistake. Go to Pleasanton Infiniti.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership Lied and did not do the Oil Change. Charged me $81 for Synthetic