G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Yay for tough front License plate bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yay for tough front License plate bracket

Well today I got into my very first (in terms of my fault) fender bender. UAE is notorious for drivers always being in a hurry and cutting people off. I was in a traffic jam and people cutting in from the right service lane (they have to wait until the road is clear to enter) onto the main road.

This sedan Accord just cuts me off and I had to slam my brakes - was probably doing 20 kmph at the time. Regardless of it being such a slow pace, I bumped into him and though HOLY ****! Regardless of the damage (small dent or big one) I was ****ting cuz I hate seeing my car messed up. Hit the emergency lights, step out see no damage to his car except a tiny dent (his bumper was already full of scratches and dents from prior mishaps i guess) and then turn to my car.

I rubber my eyes thinking no way - no damage at all. It seems that despite being on .75 inches thick, the plastic license plate bracket/frame which separate the bumper from license plate, absorbed the damage. This plastic frame was quite bent and so too my plate but I managed to bend them back into shape at home

If that plastic bracket was not there, I figure my whole front bumper would have been dented/cracket along with my ebay grill and oem from lip

Buddy didn't want to wait for the cops cuz they take over 2 hrs to come and since no damage at all we went our own way.

Thanks Infiniti lol

Old 05-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice! but how'd you rubber your eyes?

Old 05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
lol!!! good catch...

I took out the plate and plastic bracket when I got home to ensure no damage to the bumper or cracks or such.. All is good~