G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

20 mile road test - new Crawford Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20 mile road test - new Crawford Plenum

DAMN!

Straight out of the garage this thing caught me off guard. It...seriously!!, had some get up and go.

WOWEE WOWEE WOW!

Popped in the Rob Zombie and took it for a run down my favorite little RR road. Giggle factor at warp 9.9!!

I have never done this before, but i found myself looking for a BMW, Mustang, anybody would do. Sadly, I couldn't find anybody to play. That's OK, my guardian angel was probably keeping me out of trouble.

So, I dropped by the local Nissan dealership to pick up a NISMO oil and hi-temp radiator cap (locally, they are pretty cheap). Pulled it up, backed in against the curb with 3 or 4 sales guys standing under the tree, and ran in to the parts dept.

Two japanese tourists where in there picking up little toy cars, hats, keychains etc.. and looked at me and said, "SKYLINE?" I smiled, real big...many guys on the showroom snapped their necks around at us.

They asked if they could take a picture... No worries guys...knock yourselves out!

When i came out, there were probably 10 sales guys standing around calling out cars pulling into the driveway. Couple of them gave me the thumbs up. As I drove off, one guy yells out " that's a nice G, man!" another says, "We all love your ride!".

I was smiling to big to say anything and gave them a thumbs up and a wave as I hooked around the back of the joint to get out.

Exiting... I lit it up good (without breaking traction).. the 350z duct, Stillen Exhaust, & Crawford Plenum / Cat combo speaks for itself.

too bad some mid-life crisis wasn't picking up his 350z

OK... enough evil bantering... beautiful day today in SoCal, wasn't it?!

Cheers, Ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 04-24-2004, 02:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 20 mile road test - new Crawford Plenum

Is it ever NOT a beautiful day in SoCal? Your guys' weather even makes us NorCal people jealous sometimes...

Old 04-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story!

--Steve

Old 04-24-2004, 08:21 AM

"some mid-life crisis"....Hey, I resemble that remark. Not quite, but another 10 years. Why are older men that appreciate fine machinery immediately labeled as having a crisis? My grandfather was a mechanical engineer that drove muscle cars until the day he died. Installed a custom clutch and borla exhaust HIMSELF in his driveway on his 20,000 mile 10 year old Camaro when he was 60!.

Anyway, great story. When I pull into my dealership there are 20 G35 Coupes laying around so mine's nothing special and I get no attention .

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but chin spoiler/Z Tube-Popcharger

Old 04-25-2004, 12:20 AM

Catatafish...you are a refined gentleman who drives a G... I was looking for fodder at the "Nissan" dealer.. not the Infiniti dealer. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh ya...my dad and your grandpa were cut some from the cloth. He's still playing with his T-Birds. I'll be doing the same at any age...

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff