G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What is this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like you might be lowered a little bit. It is hard to tell from pictures sometimes but almost everyone on this site is lowered somewhat and stock height Gs really seem to stand out.

I think by law that all Gs have the 3rd brake light either in the rear window or on the spoiler. Perhaps the prior owner removed the factory spoiler and installed a new one.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 AM
I've got a part on order under warranty atm, when I go into get it replaced, I'll see if the dealer can pull the original configuration on the VIN. I'll be surprised if they can do it. Anyone else ever tried to pull an original config off of a VIN?

Right now, based on what I've gathered from you guys, I'm thinking it might be stock aero. I'm guessing that the spoiler was swapped out for the Euro. Without measurements, it seems lower than stock to me, but I suppose at least some of that is attributable to the 225/50s. Obviously, they went with a heavier tint as well.

I'm going to go with clear corners. I may swap for '05 tail lights, but I waffle on this choice. I've seen the rear roof spoiler on another '04 with the Euro spoiler, and they flow nicely. I really like the LED turn signal mirrors I've seen elsewhere on this sight. Just a few of the ideas running through my head.

I may look into some subtle/easier performance tweaks as well, but I hate to mess with a good thing.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
The 03/04 aero pkg comes w/ rear wing and plastic flares to cover the front part of the rear suspension. The rear window 3rd brake lamp is replaced with a cover. When I installed the Nismo kit and oem wing, I asked the dealer about the cover for the 3rd brake lamp. The dealer told me that the entire parcel shelf needs to be replaced and it's not worth it.
If your car does have the oem installed aero pkg, then maybe the dealer/previous owner replaced the wing with the lip which btw, it looks good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.