G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Be Honest With Me..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I enjoy my cars, but a car is just a material possession. It can be replaced.

That's why I have absolutely no problem with letting people drive my cars.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha janik.... i think your a little crazy..

Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I've had those bonds with almost ever motorcycle that I've ever owned, (been a bunch), but I never felt as connected with any of my cars as I did with them. As I've gotten older, (I'm 33 now), I've gone though the modding stage, (still have to do a few things every once in a while), and the "I have to own the most expensive car out of any of my peers", to just wanting a nice car that I enjoy driving.

It's a cool car, but it still has it's flaws, (some bigger than the other). I like driving it at night, when I don't have to look at the bland interior. The interior on my '03 Saab 9-3 Vector(Aero) was dead sexy. I don't feel that way about this car.

I do love the rear-wheel drive though. In the winter I always gain a new found respect for it. Reminds me of my old RX-7. (Winter(snow) drifting is the cheap man's drifting. A lot less tire replacement, but still a lot of fun!)

Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^^weeeerrrrrrrd^^^^

I developed a first bond with my first "real" car, my 1990 Turbo Targa Supra. I pulled it's heart out and made the transplant 99% on my own with nothing more than handtools, blood, sweat, a few tears, and some elbow grease. I got teary eyed when the guy who bought it towed it away.

I love my G a lot though. I very rarely even let the girlfriend drive it.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:45 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I started the G up in the garage tonight, i want to drive it

To bad a bunch of snow just fell.

Stinks you guys dont have the same bond with your cars as i do mine. it is my pride and joy.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I am going through the same emotion, but i finally made up my mind, i will start parting out my car from January then hopefully by March or sooner i will trade it in for a Is-F.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I have bonds with my cars. For me, they're extension of who I am. I want to make the car my own and try new mods and do things others haven't tried, etc. I also enjoy fixing things that dealers and the auto makers can't seem to fix themselves. All my cars have been projects in a sense. I also don't get pissed at rock chips, door dings, etc. I can get the dings taken out and the chips touched up. It's not a show car. My cars are made to be driven too, rain, sun, snow, whatever. When it's time to sell, I can move on without an ounce of remorse.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by G-girl
I feel the same way Janik about my Baby G. It's my first brand new car in a long time. BUT, I have been test driving a Cayman and, oh, let me tell ya, that baby hugs corners and laughs at me at 55mph.

I want that car!
I think you need a man in your life to mod your baby G and show you the baby G is no baby.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 AM
The only bond I have with my G is the "Do Not Break on me".
Like everyone said, a car is a car.
The only bond I ever had was my boosted CRX that I've built from ground up.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by mbnickel
I've had those bonds with almost ever motorcycle that I've ever owned, (been a bunch), but I never felt as connected with any of my cars as I did with them. As I've gotten older, (I'm 33 now), I've gone though the modding stage, (still have to do a few things every once in a while), and the "I have to own the most expensive car out of any of my peers", to just wanting a nice car that I enjoy driving.
<-you sound just like me, LOL.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Yep.... just the real men talking.... real manly men... talking about manly things.... in manly ways.... with other hairy, oily, manly men.... some dry humping their G and coming all over the steering wheel to keep it supple while others covet an IS-F or Cayman. Don't think I've witnessed so much misplaced for metal, plastic, electrons and rubber.

OK everyone-- GROUP HUG (just keep it in your speedos)!!!!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Braintree; 12-06-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:59 AM
No bonds here, at least not anywhere near the depth of feelings you're expressing.

I can really like a car. I can appreciate the design (i.e. looks) power, handling, reliability and from those aspects I can develop a certain amount of respect, admiration, and appreciation for a car. But I don't do things like names, or talk to it, rub, hug, or hump it.

When I'm on to my next car, I'm typically so excited about the next one that I'm like "See ya!" to the old one and never really looking back.

Cars are material, they get me where I need to go and, if they're good, they allow me to have a lot of fun and provide substantial comfort along the way.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I started the G up in the garage tonight, i want to drive it

To bad a bunch of snow just fell.
I started up my G35x, I want to drive it. But there is not enough snow yet.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:39 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan in St Louis
I started up my G35x, I want to drive it. But there is not enough snow yet.
Plenty of snow here, but my mom took the G up to Duluth so im driving the truck

More snow on Monday, which is when i get the G back.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Seymore
No bonds here, at least not anywhere near the depth of feelings you're expressing.

I can really like a car. I can appreciate the design (i.e. looks) power, handling, reliability and from those aspects I can develop a certain amount of respect, admiration, and appreciation for a car. But I don't do things like names, or talk to it, rub, hug, or hump it.

Cars are material, they get me where I need to go and, if they're good, they allow me to have a lot of fun and provide substantial comfort along the way.

Finally.... someone practical that sees the car for what it is--- not a Picasso, not a Rembrandt, not a Monet, not a replacement for their wife or spouse or children, not Nirvana or a meeting with Vishnu, not a face to face with the Temple of Buddha in Tawang Wompa India..... The amount of G worshiping that goes on (see it also with Lexus', Mercedes, Tl's, etc., etc.) is enough to start a new religion or cult.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Be Honest With Me..