G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust (Sedan) DYNO result

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 04:22 AM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust (Sedan) DYNO result

Here's a cut'n paste of my response at Fresh Alloy ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It's typical for a stock 6mt sedan on a well calibrated DynoJet to average around 220rwhp (225 on a really good day). I'd love to believe the 'good karma' theory .

I did forget to mention running the heavier 19" wheel/tire package that is approximately 3% under my stock O.D. which equates to an ~7hp advantage. I'll conservatively take away a couple of ponies from the 7 for the added mass, making an educated guess of +5hp advantage for this package. This still puts me in the 236hp range on an allegedly low reading dyno. Perhaps I do have 'good karma'

Assuming I would have dynoed 236rwhp on stock wheels/tires, I'll still walk away smiling ... knowing I've gained ~16hp from basic intake/exhaust mods. The thought of a low reading dyno ... well, heck I think I just might run for the local Mayor!

A fellow 350Z guy who dyno'd at the same place back in Janurary with grounding wires as the only mod at the time pulled 238rwhp. With added JWT Pop-Charger, Kinetix Hi-Flow Cats, Kinetix Intake Plenum, UR Pulley, he only managed 239rwhp this time around.

Here's a superimposed chart of his (Red) vs. mine (blue) ...

Yet another fellow 350Z guy with similar mods as above came in at 238. :shocked: The two stock AT Zs also came in at an anemic 214.

Interesting enough, the only two NA car that broke the 240 barrier for the day were the two G35s. The other being a 6mt Coupe with JWT Pop Charger, Helix Test Pipe, Injen SSE Exhaust and UR Pulley. His peak number hp was 242.6.

Btw, did anyone notice I was short changed by 300rpm on all three runs? Probably due to the optimistic tachometer, which prompted the dyno tech to shut her off early. The way it's going, It doesn't look like I'll be squeezing more torque out, would have love to see if it's enough to maintain the hp level for another 300 however.

Finally, I did have a couple of tweaks that may have also contributed to the output ...

1. I have always favored the stock intake design, although I would have like a larger filter panel and a real velocity stack integrated. While, there's not much I can do with the filter size other than a K&N element replacement, I made a crude velocity stack for the aft section of the intake box. Because it is an non-ideal venturi shape at this time (until I have some time to make a real one), my knowledge in the field tells me it'll probably cost more some flow twoards the top, which looks to be the case past 5.6k from the chart above. We'll see if there are any improvement when the final piece is intergrated.

2. I spent hours port matching the exhaust gaskets to the Y-pipe and Mid-pipe. There was a good amount of materials to take off. Afterall, what's the use of larger piping if the gaskets are only as big as the stock openings? I also notice it's easy to offset the gaskets while mating the pipings. I took great care in making sure the gaskets are lined up correctly before torquing them down.

So finally, 'good karma'? ... hard to say!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Clint (THX723)