G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sedan Injen install: Impressions/Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedan Injen install: Impressions/Opinions

Pics Soon:
I installed my Injen intake this weekend. Overall it is a nice and easy mod. Aside from shooing my father away from being too nosey about what I was doing it only took me about 35-45 mins to install. But I have a lot of experience installing CAI's (on 2 previous cars, and my uncles HD truck and friends cars) The hardest part to me was being careful that my clumsy hands didnt drop the MAS. I used Shaders
Nismo method of the install and used common sense from there as all the CAI's go in about the same. I didnt not have to remove the bumber either, just jacked up the car while I was installing new bulbs anyway and pulled the wheel well back. My over all impressions and opions: I got the black colored one, if it wasn't for the silver bands and you not knowing what to look for, you will not notice it, it is very discreet which I like. Like I said install was extremely easy, the only thing I really didnt like about the fit and finish was it seemed to make the wheel well protrude out a lil bit like .5-1 inch. While this affects nothing, I suspect that is where some of the vibration noise comes from, but I will double check my fit and finish when I take pics tonight. I also get the whistle / slight ring, I am not to worried about it since my other 2 intakes (also injen) made the same noise. I also get the same B pillar noise but I kinda like it, atleast for now, I tell the people you can hear the power run through the car. The sound is great, you cant hear it at all daily driving, but when you open it up wow. I was driving with a group of crotch rockets and when I hit it and flew by they all had to turn and look to see what that was. Somthing else I noticed you can't just mash the accelerator down with this. A hard quick push then lighten up and a slow steady push is what seems to work for me to really feel the push from the rear tires. The car feels like it just cant get rid of all the power like it is bottled up, so I guess I may be considering a Borla exhaust, or atleast a set of Y pipes. I just drive to work and a lot of business meetings and schools and I just dont wanna come rumbling up to the door. With that I may be running a lil rich, i can smell the cats already at times, (actually only once and I was low on gas anyway). And lastly I done know if it was because I was "testing the system out" but my car went through some gas, but I will try and drive normal this week and see what happens. Sorry for the length. Any questions just ask.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Re: Sedan Injen install: Impressions/Opinions

YIM/AIM: Wmaharrisjr

Old 06-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Re: Sedan Injen install: Impressions/Opinions

I also have a Injen CAI. And the sound is purely AMAZING. I have a friend with the Stillen CAI and another friend with the Z tube after comparing all three the choice was simple. The injen gave the car more power. And the sound is intoxicating. The best $250 bucks i've spent. The one thing that scares me is people complaining about Hydrolock. So i advice you be extra careful about running in deep puddles and/or hard rain. My 2 cents

04 6MT Black on Black
Premium
Aero
Winter
Injen CAI
18" M-SPORT