G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Nav-TV/Charlotte

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav-TV/Charlotte

New to the site, but glad to be here. My question is, has anybody actually used Nav-TV to install/modify their existing nav system? I would love to have this done by them (http://www.nav-tv.com/) but I'm not sure of the quality of the video. They charge about $1700.00 so before I shell out the cash I thought I'd ask. Plus I live in Charlotte NC and they are located in NYC so it's quite a haul to have it done by them. Anybody had any experience with them?
Also, a few weeks back I read some posts about other G owners in the Charlotte area maybe getting together. If anyone remembers or might want to do something like this please let me know. We can't let all the California guys have all the fun!!

Old 03-27-2003, 01:43 PM
Re: Nav-TV/Charlotte

I live in charlotte too, there is a guy named Kerrie Dee that I have spoke with, I have given him all the wiring diagrams and the nav-tv stuff. He says he can do it. Know I think that he can because he knows enough about the electronics that he has my cell hooked so it mutes the radio when it rings, which I have discovered that know one else knows how to do. So as soon as i hear back from him I will post the info he gives me.

Old 03-27-2003, 02:40 PM

Cool.. Can you send us the diagrams?

..pestilence..

Old 03-27-2003, 02:48 PM

do a search for them, I got them of this website and freshalloy.com

Old 03-27-2003, 03:37 PM

I think I remember seeing those diagrams here on this site. I didn't pay much attention cuz it's something I would never try to do myself. I'm not what you'd call electronic or tech literate. I'm sure I'd mess something up. But the nav-tv website syas they can enable your glovebox DVD to play movies AND get your nav screen to play regular tv stations as well, so if there is somebody here in Charlotte that can do it then that would be sweet. They have to know what they are doing though. I don't want to hear "oops" while my dash is torn apart!! Let me know.

Old 03-28-2003, 08:11 AM

If I am not mistaken, there is no way that the NAV DVD can play anything other than NAV DVD's. So I would double check on that?

Old 03-28-2003, 12:45 PM

I think they are trying to get the nav screen to play dvd off of a third party drive..

..pestilence..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.