G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Transmission Issue, Clutch Adjustment, Pedal Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Issue, Clutch Adjustment, Pedal Adjustment?

I've been having issues with shifting my 03 G35 Sedan. I started out with with feeling notchiness/crunch in my shift from 1st to 2nd. At times I would even get a grind. Took it to the dealer(Coast Infiniti) and they kind of just brushed off my concern and said that the car seemed fine. A couple of days later on my way to work I couldnt get my car into gear at a stoplight, so I took my car to a shop and was told that I needed the clutch and flywheel replaced(not OEM clutch kit and flywheel).

Still have the same issue when I shift from 1st to 2nd. Also get a little bit of a crunch when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and now It seems to be harder for me to down shift. Could it be the syncros? But how come now its harder to down shift? Did the new clutch and flywheel maybe not get adjusted correctly or do I need to adjust the pedal since its not a dual mass flywheel? I really need some help on this. Need to get to the bottom of the problem cause I'm planning to a trip soon. The car is still under manufacturer warranty but Infiniti does not want to take responsibility, cause it's not the OEM clutch and flywheel. Had they diagnosed my issue properly the first time it wouldn't be a problem. Anyone out there got any advise or knowledge?