G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I did it! I did it! I did it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did it! I did it! I did it!

Can you tell I'm excited! Well, thanks to all of your wonderful advise, comments, and knowledge regarding the G35 sedan (and an excellent price by the way), I'm taking delivery of an 04 G35x in two days. I think I just pee-ed my pants. I test drove one today. WOW! My only issue with the car was I seemed to sit a little high in the driver's seat. I'm not that tall (6'0") and I had all the seat adjustment controls set to make me as low as possible, but it still seemed a bit high. That is a minor complaint, however.

So now I can stop bugging all of you with quality questions or snow questions or whatever my latest question was and start bragging about my car and start sharing my experiences with this elegant, sophisticated automobile.

My original intent was to drive the G then go to the Acura dealership a few miles away and test drive a TL. I never made it to the Acura dealership. While I still like the TL's interior more than the G's, the G's design is pure art.

I'm getting diamond graphite with graphite interior, Sirius, premium package, and a couple other little things.

Old 07-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I did it! I did it! I did it!

Congrats!!!! Enjoy your new 4-door Z; I mean G35 Sports Sedan. ;-) Now, you just need to get a Z tube (350Z air intake tube instead of the G's restrictive stock air intake tube) in there (and maybe a couple more mods) and you'll really be pissin' in your pants, but with a nice grin on your face at least ;-)

btw - you also may want to consider a set of drilled aluminum pedals (like $80 or less incl. shipping); they're pretty easy to install and look real nice...just like the ones in the FX35/45. The G35 should come with these std. but they don't. Enjoy your new G35!!!

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-27-2004, 06:25 PM

Congrats! Start the count down. Remember, no going over 4k rpm for awhile. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Many of us would say don't waste your time test driving the TL. Lol!

2K4 G35x/Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Wood
Stillen Hi-Flow/ Z tube/ Crawford V5/ Ground Kit/
HKS exhaust

Old 07-27-2004, 06:25 PM

Congrats!! You'll really love the car. It's not to expensive to add a bit more HP and change the look a bit. I'm really looking forward to future threads on how you like the AWD version. Enjoy.

2003.5 G35 6MT Sedan/Black w/ Graphite
Life is good!

310336-Side view front to back.jpg

Old 07-27-2004, 06:32 PM

Did you trade in your Solara?

Old 07-27-2004, 08:01 PM

Congrats and enjoy....dont forget to take some pics...

Tony B. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
2003.5 G35 Caribbean Blue Sedan

Old 07-27-2004, 08:43 PM
IQ9

Congrats..you may now brag as much as you want about how cool the sedan is.

03.5 Sedan/B.Sil/Prem/Wntr/Aero/Tint/Rims/Hotchkis Sways--WHERE ARE OUR PARTS!
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Trending Topics

Old 07-27-2004, 08:55 PM

Congrats on the purchase.

I test drove the TL several times and was about to buy, dealer wouldn't meet my price, luckily I stopped by the Infiniti dealer and drove a 6mt. Wow did it kick the TLs butt. I'm now trying to get my dealer to find a Silver 6mt and I'll be purchasing.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:21 PM

Now, you just need to get a Z tube (350Z air intake tube instead of the G's restrictive stock air intake tube)

btw - you also may want to consider a set of drilled aluminum pedals (like $80 or less incl. shipping); they're pretty easy to install and look real nice...just like the ones in the FX35/45.

Thank you, everyone for such a warm welcome. I am looking forward to reading about all of your experiences and sharing some of my own.

Rufus, yes I sold my Solara. How did you know I had a Solara? It was a nice car but too tame for me.

I'm quite interested in the Z-tube and the drilled aluminum pedals. Where do I get them? When the Z-tube is installed does it increase, decrease, or have no affect on gas mileage? Also, is the tube something I can install? Bare in mind I have a hard time filling up the car with gas let alone install something on the engine.

With the exception of tinting the windows and getting a clear bra, I won't be doing a lot of modification to the car. Simple stuff that doesn't require major changes--like the pedals and the tube--I'd definitely be interested in doing.

Again, thanks for making me feel so at home.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:55 AM

I purchased my Z tube and Aluminum Pedals from www.EverythingG35.com; the Z tube was $74.99 + shipping and the Aluminum Pedal kit was $73.50 + shipping. I also have a K&N drop-in air filter (which easily replaces the G35 stock air filter), which I purchased from www.PerformanceNissanParts.com for $39.65 + shipping as well. Many people say the K&N filter with the Z tube performs very well, but others say you can just keep your stock air filter too; I chose to go with the K&N filter in my stock airbox and add the Z tube.

I, like you, am not a "gearhead" by any means but all aformentioned mods are simple to install even for guys like us. You can print out very straightforward Z tube installation directions with pictures from either:

http://www.g35world.com/howto/350z_i...be_install.htm
www.6mt.net/shop/350zintake.asp

The Z tube shouldn't affect the gas mileage, but you will probably see your mpg fairly low for a while, only b/c you'll be 'flooring it' just to hear that great sound of the Z tube when in WOT over 3,500 rpm. But, according to the owner's manual, I believe you're supposed to keep the car under 4,000 rpm for the first 1,200 miles anyway for your break-in period.

The Z tube a big difference though...WOW, a significant difference in sound and power. When I first put in my Z tube, I was getting 14-15 mpg city, and now that I have a few thousand miles on my car now and my ECU has adjusted (and I try to get into 4th and 5th gear as much as possible, even driving around town), I'm consistently getting 17-18 mpg city / 23 mpg highway / 20 mpg mix. all while in 5AT MM mode.

Good luck and have fun!

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 07/28/04 06:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-28-2004, 09:24 AM

Congratulations! I know you can't wait for your sedan's arrival. I took delivery of my sedan one week ago today. Driving used to be a way for me to get from point A to point B, but now I look forward to sliding into that driver's seat as often as possible!

Z-Tube | Popcharger | Clear Corners | Alum Peds

Old 07-28-2004, 10:30 AM

Thanks for all the useful advise. Sounds like this Z-tube and K&N filter is the way to go! Does installing this stuff affect warranty?

Also, a few of you have said how much nicer the G sounds after installing the Z-tube. I love the throaty sound of the coupe and 350Z. Will the sedan sound like those cars or will it be louder?<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by fotodad on 07/28/04 10:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-28-2004, 10:45 AM

Congrats and enjoy!

Diamond Graphite/Graphite/Prem. pkg./Navi.
ASG 7-wire grounding system
Tint
Z-tube
K&N drop-in
Volk GT-C
Eibach Springs
http://ekaz76.home.comcast.net/myg35x.htm

Old 07-28-2004, 01:35 PM

No; I wish it would sound like our '03 FX35, but even with the Z tube/K&N filter, it does not. However, when in WOT over 3,500rpm, it does have a mean sportscar growl to it (mainly from the Z tube) which definitely sounds a lot better than stock (and supposedly adds a few or more HP). You will not notice it at low speeds or low rpm's in normal "easy" driving. Then, when you stomp on the gas and let it rev up, there's no way you won't notice it! ;-)

I think the rear only way to get that deep, throaty sound at all rpm's (like in the G35 Coupe, 350Z, and FX34/45) is to replace the exhaust system with a cat-back system of some sort or better. You'll probably think adding the Z tube/K&N combo is good enough though...you'll see ;-)

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter

Old 07-28-2004, 02:42 PM

does the k&n drop in fliter give you the wooosh woosh noise like the pop charger give u? It should right?

P.s. I don't start a huge argument or anything...but a lot of people say ... or claim that K&N filters don't clean the air as well as other high flow air filters. They say that K&N filters can actually let dust in....is this true? What other filters are out there that are high air flow...but no dust flow?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.