G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 resale value?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
You just comapared the G to a Hundi Azera.

Sell your car now.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just get the Civic. If you can't tell the difference between a G35 and an Azera, I think you'll be perfectly happy with the Honda and you'll have a newer car as an added bonus.

The bigger problem here is why you're obsessing over a few hundred $$ worth of resale value difference between the two, when your end goal is to buy a *MUCH* *MUCH* more expensive BMW/Audi/Benz...

I'm guessing those cars won't do much for you either when compared to a Hyundai, and all the hassle over the G35/Civic resale value really just amounts to the cost of the floor mats in one of the German cars.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
dont buy a car for resale value

thats the worst plan you can have

a $30,000 car after 3-5 years is usually worth half of what it was new....thats when I buy my cars. Unless the car is an M3 or the such, the resale value is gone as soon as you own the car

example

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...20Party#survey

2 years old and lost alot of value

Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
selling G (getting hit for resale) + spending more to buy a civic (that's fwd) + selling civic (and getting hit for resale yet again) = coming out ahead?
I've checked the math on this, and it's correct.

The only reasons I can recommend getting a car for resale value, is if you need to build credit before you can get a loan for the car you really want, OR you don't have a car and you're waiting for an exact used car to come to market at the right price. One of my friends did this when he bought a 2005 civic while he was waiting for an S2000 with low miles and in good condition. He was looking for about 6months before one came on market, but when he did, he didn't have any attachment to the civic and dropped it like it was hot.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Why would you go through the hassle of selling a car just to save 1-2k by driving a car that isn't even as nice for 2 years. That would suck.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say keep the G35 as most of the depreciation has been hit already.. yea a 2006 Civic has been hit by the depreciation as well.

Really depends what you enjoy driving as well. If it were me I would keep the G35.

Just my .02 though

Old 11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#1 question to ask.....

Do you owe on your G???? If so, keep it. You have probably made a dent in the principle by this point. The civic loses value faster than you think.

But if it is a cash deal, it would go either way.

Wait, you dont notice a difference and you are not a great driver.....uh, yeah, go for the civic.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:21 PM
man cars peek... they get too a certain value and they wont move after that.... im sure your car will be the same resale value in 5 years from now.... there is no way you will be able to picka G35 up for less then that for years too come....

Old 11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Despite the resale, you'd have to drive a wrong wheeled drive civic for two years. I wouldn't really want that type of punishment.
HAHAHAHA AGREED!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
I've checked the math on this, and it's correct.

The only reasons I can recommend getting a car for resale value, is if you need to build credit before you can get a loan for the car you really want, OR you don't have a car and you're waiting for an exact used car to come to market at the right price. One of my friends did this when he bought a 2005 civic while he was waiting for an S2000 with low miles and in good condition. He was looking for about 6months before one came on market, but when he did, he didn't have any attachment to the civic and dropped it like it was hot.
If your friend got a good deal, he could come out even/ahead in only 6 months.

Problem here is the 2 year span. A 2006 car is within the 1st 5 years of it's life. That's when the biggest chunk of the depreciation happens (1/2 the value as mentioned). The 03 G has already surpassed that. He would be trading a car that's depreciating at a rate slower than the 06 civic he wants. And in 2 years, it will be right on the 5 year mark where it just received the bulk of it's depreciation. If anything, he should be buying an old camry that after a certain point, doesn't depreciate anymore. If he maintains it, he could come out close to even in 2 years.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:44 AM
You know the mitsubishi lancers keep value pretty well too. I have had two and they depreciate really slowly and it's a decent car with good fuel economy and great crash test ratings. Seeing as mine was just total lossed and I'm fine -it's a good car.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Only old Mitsu I'd want would be one of the few Galant VR4s that aren't trashed

Old 11-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Civic is more reliable than the G, cheaper to maintain/service/repair and in most case cheaper on insurance. I still find it funny how people think that RWD is the best drivetrain when we are talking about non-performance cars.

Originally Posted by khintanu
You know the mitsubishi lancers keep value pretty well too. I have had two and they depreciate really slowly and it's a decent car with good fuel economy and great crash test ratings. Seeing as mine was just total lossed and I'm fine -it's a good car.
The regular Lancer resale value suck more than than its competitors. Take a look at the used market for the Corolla, Civic and even Sentra and then compare it to the Lancer.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Personally, i buy cars because I like them...not because of resale or holding it's value.

Everyone's financial situation here is different. We have guys here that can afford a new BMW and others here that would struggle to buy a new accord...so it's tough to tell someone what they should do

Old 11-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
You just comapared the G to a Hundi Azera.

Sell your car now.
you just spelled hyundai hundi. your comment is negated.
normally id say that the best thing you can do is drive the thing into the ground, but since you dont seem to really be an enthusiast, you dont owe any money on the car, and it would help you to retain money(youd only end up in the hole about a grand) it would probably make the most sense to go civic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 resale value?