G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

carbon fiber spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009 | 12:24 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
^That will look good as well.
I really like their trunk, but I'll end up getting one of their new front bumpers first. Can't rock a trunk that awesome with ugly stock front

Old 12-09-2009 | 12:27 PM
|
^ haha u can as long as u got a bunper lip ;-)

Old 12-09-2009 | 12:37 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
I wish they made the bumper with a lip shaved in, but oh well. They are making a lip for it. I just have to see one on it to decide. I'm about 95% set on the shaved Nismo replica though.

Old 12-09-2009 | 12:43 PM
Ebay body parts FTL

Old 12-09-2009 | 12:59 PM
I have a CF spoiler from NRG, real deal, no ebay crap, I'm offended when people buy mods from ebay for their Infiniti's....if we had hondas, w/e

Old 12-09-2009 | 01:36 PM
|
It depends which mods. I bought tein s techs from ebay, doesn't mean they're any different than getting those same springs from the tein website. The front lip I got from there looks really nice as well. Riverside infiniti sells a lot of parts on ebay auctions

Old 12-09-2009 | 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by LEON NYC
I have a CF spoiler from NRG, real deal, no ebay crap, I'm offended when people buy mods from ebay for their Infiniti's....if we had hondas, w/e
YOURE offended when people buy mods for THEIR cars.... there are certainly better ways to spend your energy! like laughing when you look at how nice your car looks in comparison. people are waaaaay too negative.

Old 12-09-2009 | 06:13 PM
I don't really think CF looks good at all on these cars...just my opinion.

If it was a "race" car (and i use that terms loosely) then i could see it when used in tasteful applications, but when i look at a G35 sedan, i see it as a classy luxury car. CF just doesn't seem to fit IMHO.

I'm still debating to myself adding the OEM sedan spoiler...but don't want to buy one of the Ebay cheapo replicas

Old 12-09-2009 | 06:44 PM
|
^ do you like the Grubbs lip spoiler?

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I don't really think CF looks good at all on these cars...just my opinion.

If it was a "race" car (and i use that terms loosely) then i could see it when used in tasteful applications, but when i look at a G35 sedan, i see it as a classy luxury car. CF just doesn't seem to fit IMHO.

I'm still debating to myself adding the OEM sedan spoiler...but don't want to buy one of the Ebay cheapo replicas
+1!!!! Even though I think tastefully sporty is okay for G35, CF is just way wrong IMO.

so is overly aggressive body kits... I'm a little weary about whats coming out for sedans... we'll see... but CF is a big no for me.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:11 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
I don't mind CF on a G35 sedan if it's a very very small amount. A coupe can get away with more IMO. But even then, I'm not really a fan of an entire hood in CF on a G. I do like it on some other cars though.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by nfsp1
I don't mind CF on a G35 sedan if it's a very very small amount. A coupe can get away with more IMO. But even then, I'm not really a fan of an entire hood in CF on a G. I do like it on some other cars though.
CF was originally used for its strength and weight savings on cars that make a difference... and like most performance things, the Civic-types started putting it on their measly 200hp cars thinking they are race cars (like big wings and non functioning diffusers and fender vents).

Now it has gone mainstream - and unfortunately that kind of stuff is starting to trickle over to G35 sedans.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:26 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
That's why I said a very very small ammount. Like a CF lip spoiler on whatever the charcoal color is called, or on CB.
Full CF trunk, roof overlay and hood is waaaaaaay to much IMO. On the other hand, a Zonda in full CF looks amazing to me.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by nfsp1
That's why I said a very very small ammount. Like a CF lip spoiler on whatever the charcoal color is called, or on CB.
Full CF trunk, roof overlay and hood is waaaaaaay to much IMO. On the other hand, a Zonda in full CF looks amazing to me.
I don't even know if I'd like that much on a Sedan. I agree that maybe a coupe could pull off a little bit of CF, especially if it had a BBK and maybe a Front mount IC...at least it could kinda pull off the semi-"race" car look.

I do agree though about a Zonda in full CF, but that's a purpose built car which is a little different than someone putting a CF hood on a 4-door passenger sedan IMHO.

The G35 OEM hood is already one of the lightest hoods i've ever lifted anyway, so putting a CF hood on is strictly appearance...unless someone really wants to say they did it for weight savings to save what? 5 pounds...when they have a huge amp and 2 12" subs in the trunk?

Sorry, most of this is opinionated, so i apologize.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:54 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I don't even know if I'd like that much on a Sedan. I agree that maybe a coupe could pull off a little bit of CF, especially if it had a BBK and maybe a Front mount IC...at least it could kinda pull off the semi-"race" car look.

I do agree though about a Zonda in full CF, but that's a purpose built car which is a little different than someone putting a CF hood on a 4-door passenger sedan IMHO.

The G35 OEM hood is already one of the lightest hoods i've ever lifted anyway, so putting a CF hood on is strictly appearance...unless someone really wants to say they did it for weight savings to save what? 5 pounds...when they have a huge amp and 2 12" subs in the trunk?

Sorry, most of this is opinionated, so i apologize.
Unless it's a Zonda, CF should only be thought of for looks. I just love when I see some fat guy talking about how he gutted the interior and put on a CF hood, etc to save weight. My first thought is always, why don't you just go take a duce, that would probably save as much as your hood

A friend of mine has an MX-5 he's building for autoX/road racing. He's already got a light car, and he's doing little things that make sinse to lighten it (for instance, no CF hood as the MX-5's hood is aluminum and it's not worth it)
Anyway, he told me he was putting himself on a diet for the sake of the car. I cracked up.
But hey, you can't argue with a healthy lifestyle if it makes you faster

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: carbon fiber spoiler