G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Heater blows cold air at stop lights (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/317992-heater-blows-cold-air-stop-lights.html)

aalvilla 12-14-2009 11:30 AM

Having same issue

Logged on today to see if anyone is having similar issues and my '05 G35 sedan was blowing cold air as well at a stop light. Also, my climate control dash goes off but when I push down my pop-up navi system, the banging seems to correct it. Anyone else having this problem?

I am going to check one more time tonight to see if the issue persists and then probably get it checked out.

RATED G 12-14-2009 12:02 PM

There is tons of info on the forum - do a search to find the quick fix. x2 (for both issues)

mt7rabbit 12-14-2009 12:09 PM

SEE LINK:

https://g35driver.com/forums/general...t-working.html

Tollboothwilley 12-14-2009 12:21 PM

read the rest of the thread. plenty of info out there.

joealbergo 12-14-2009 01:06 PM

Went to the Infiniti dealer this morning - had them re-do the flush/fill again.

They seem to have solved the issue - but let me see how long it lasts.

They said possibly did not fill all the cavities inside the block last time they did the flush/fill.

Ill let you know if it happens again... so far so good.

blepki 12-15-2009 12:59 AM

i was just about to start a thread and ask the same thing. guess i'll try this tomorrow see if it works. its -46 degrees celcius in my city, we where the 2nd coldest city in the world next to Sibera lolol. i'm really hoping this works cause im tired of reving my car at lights.

joealbergo 12-15-2009 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by blepki (Post 4753554)
i was just about to start a thread and ask the same thing. guess i'll try this tomorrow see if it works. its -46 degrees celcius in my city, we where the 2nd coldest city in the world next to Sibera lolol. i'm really hoping this works cause im tired of reving my car at lights.

:biggthumpup: Good luck but I took mine to the dealership because I really was not sure if I could go through the process successfully... :dunno:

However this morning I woke up and saw a spot about 3 inches in diameter of coolant.... I dunno wtf is going on anymore... I hope that it was just spill-over from the dealership sitting somewhere on the motor. :confused2:

Later - LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS Though!

aalvilla 12-15-2009 10:17 PM

Well, I had a coolant flush and still blowing cold air. My climate control seems to be working fine but the guys at the local shop (not an infiniti dealer) warned me before the flush that their pressure test indicated everything was fine. I still went ahead with the flush since it was almost 60k since my last flush.

I heard water gulping before the flush but nothing since. They think it's a problem with the head unit. Now researching about replacing my head unit.

OKStateG35 12-16-2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by aalvilla (Post 4755705)
Well, I had a coolant flush and still blowing cold air. My climate control seems to be working fine but the guys at the local shop (not an infiniti dealer) warned me before the flush that their pressure test indicated everything was fine. I still went ahead with the flush since it was almost 60k since my last flush.

I heard water gulping before the flush but nothing since. They think it's a problem with the head unit. Now researching about replacing my head unit.

I think the problem with the head units is typically with 03-04 models. It may just be your A/C controls going bad.

joealbergo 12-16-2009 12:05 PM

Well....

The control's or head unit should be fine - they seem that way in my car. :biggthumpup:

BTW my car is an 04' G35 Sedan. I think everything is the same as the coupe.

I wanted to update to say that well, maybe the blistering cold is the reason why we are all experiencing this. :driving:

Maybe the car was not made to stay that hot for too long while it's soooo cold out? Any opinions? :BOUNCE:

My car has 51.5k miles on it...

:confused2: :7:

High On G35 12-17-2009 06:01 PM

Im also having this problem. Hearing running water when I start driving the car.
Will try bleeding it.

2005G35NYC 12-20-2009 01:21 AM

same problem here did everything everyone mentioned above and still not working on my 05 coupe

Tollboothwilley 12-20-2009 01:12 PM

you probably need to do it multiple times. Took me 5 or 6 times to get all the air out. Lots of short driving trips between to really get the coolant working through the engine.

bobo847 01-04-2010 10:41 PM

First off let me just say thanks to the guys who have posted help suggestions on here and the fine DIY vids.

I was having the same problem and after letting the engine warm up and opening the relief screw I was dissappointed to see the problem continue. However, just repeat this process a few times as Tollboothwilley suggests. It took 5 or so attempts before the heat would blow hot at idle.

joealbergo 01-05-2010 08:38 AM

work or not to work? that is the question... lol

hey guys that whole heat durin idle didnt last more than 24 hours for me.

so seriously lets post some post-bleed response descriptions if you can thanks