G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Driving in the Snow VDC, SLIP and ABS light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driving in the Snow VDC, SLIP and ABS light

I was coming home from dinner about 18 inches of snow on the ground and my road was completely unplowed got a lil stuck and was working the G out. Had a bit of wheel spin (turned off VDC) noticed the lights came on.

Still haven't reset. This happened once before during heavy rain and had to go through a flooded street. My brake fluid level is fine. I think either the abs vdc unit got wet of frozen because last time I just let the car sit in the sun and it was fine the next day. Any one ever have these issues?

I also noticed that I dont have an LSD... I want to put in one in does anyone no a thread I should look at can I just swap in one from a G sport or Z?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
You can swap one from a m/t g35 as they come with one. You can swap the whole pumpkin so you get upgraded final drive and a vlsd.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Dammit, I have the same issue. Hit a deer before right before I was going to store the G, got it back from the body shop during a snow storm and noticed that my brake light and my vdc off and slip light are staying on constant.

Any ideas? You ever figure out a sure shot of what it was? I know my brakes are fine.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
These lights scare me. They came on in our 04 G and it turned out to be a massive electrical issue. Im always afraid they are going to come on now.

It is a fear of mine, these lights.

BTW i forget exactly what happened to our 04 X, but it took them awhile to fix it.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 350orG
I was coming home from dinner about 18 inches of snow on the ground and my road was completely unplowed got a lil stuck and was working the G out. Had a bit of wheel spin (turned off VDC) noticed the lights came on.

Still haven't reset. This happened once before during heavy rain and had to go through a flooded street. My brake fluid level is fine. I think either the abs vdc unit got wet of frozen because last time I just let the car sit in the sun and it was fine the next day. Any one ever have these issues?

I also noticed that I dont have an LSD... I want to put in one in does anyone no a thread I should look at can I just swap in one from a G sport or Z?
I'm hoping you drive an X! Are you saying you drove down your road in your G with 18" of snow on the unplowed road? Seems as if your car would be the snow plow, plowing the snow down the road .

Sorry, don't know what your issue w/ the lights is, but sounds like an issue from something getting wet (since it happened in heavy rain & now this).

Old 01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry, don't know what your issue w/ the lights is, but sounds like an issue from something getting wet
That sounds like the constant here.

I would check to make sure all of your ABS sensors are seated properly. It doesn't take much to make them freak out.

All lights you've mentioned (SLIP, ABS, VDC) take readings from the ABS sensors. Start there before you have anyone else look at it.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you look in the manual, it states that excessive slip causes the system to default off--hence all the lights go on saying there are no more electric shenanigans to help you. Once you turn the car off and on again, everything resets. I had the same thing happen to me, don't sweat it.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This happened to me as well. It was only because brake fluid was low.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
I had these go one once, but it was due to freezing on the undercarriage/brakes. Went off the next time I started up the car.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:36 AM
That happen to me before, when it snowed a month ago, after lots of tire spinning to get up a hill.

Well, same hill last night in the snow made it come on again, but it hasn't gone off yet.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 AM
Mine hasn't gone off yet either, they have been on for the last month. They were going off and on when it started getting cold, but they haven't gone off yet. Should I take it to the dealer?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
I guess you could always try disconnecting the negative wire from the battery for a half an hour to reset the computer and see what that does?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mk2Fever
If you look in the manual, it states that excessive slip causes the system to default off--hence all the lights go on saying there are no more electric shenanigans to help you. Once you turn the car off and on again, everything resets. I had the same thing happen to me, don't sweat it.
so thats what happened when i did my first doughnut!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm new to this car and trying to make sure its running tip top. I mean its running excellent I guess the Brake, Slip and VDC OFF lights constantly staying lit are bugging me. Any suggestions on what to do?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 PM
vdc off in snow? counter steer ftw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving in the Snow VDC, SLIP and ABS light