G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help - Brake & battery light on - battery and alternator SEEM good.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem solved

Its the alternator. I changed it with a used one that the guy tested before installing it on the car. The lights are now off and it seems i lost of power in the car which i now regained

Old 11-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Break+battery light

So I am having this same problem. I seen inn past post that someone said it could be a loose ground. I just had my clutch/flywheel done and the light cam on a few days after I got my car back.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Before running out and buying new battery & alternator, clean the two wire harness grounding connections in the front top of the engine, under the cover.

Why does "brake" light up if the charging system has failed? Perhaps the all-knowing computer can't think straight will inadequate voltage (caused by high ground resistance).

Cleaned mine. Problem gone.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:00 PM
Brake+battery light

Thanks I will try this. Are they under the engine cover or the black plastic cover that is over the battery and the break master cylinder.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iMcGee
Hey, i know this is an old thread but ive had the same problem.
My alternator died before and i replaced it a few months ago. Then the lights came up again. I got the whole system tested and everything is charging fine but the lights are still there. So i changed the battery for the hell of it and they're still there. flashed the ecu and nothing.
I dont know what else to do. i dont want to change the alternator again. i just did that.
any ideas?
Proud owner of the G here. Im not sure if this applies to you but i feel like it's necessary to share. I was have you exact symptoms after installing a sound system in my car. Check ALL your wires especially your ground wire. I know little to nothing about sound installation but i took it to an electrician and he said that everything had been wired terribly. I took it to audio express here in AZ and they did a great job. I had bought a new battery and almost a new alternator for nothing (im not mad though a new battery is never a bad thing). Of course if you have not had any new electrical work on the car , please still check out the witing.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by 5150DS
Just because the battery is new doesnt mean it cant be bad. Have it load tested where you bought it, then have them charge it. I had a battery that tested good, then failed while charging.
Same thing with alternators. Especially rebuilt ones. I'll buy batteries and brake pads from AutoZone but never a rebuilt starter or alternator from them for example. Too many issues over the years.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Hello, Im a newbie here and need help. I started having problems with my G35 infiniti with the brake and battery lights coming on. Battery was replaced by dealership 8 months ago and alternator(brand new) replaced twice in the last week. My car is still having problems. When I drive, the brake and battery light come on and then suddenly my car shuts off. Very dangerous and inconvenient. Please help? What could this be?

-SWR-

Old 02-01-2017, 02:12 AM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Either your battery or alternator, or you have a serious grounding issue. I'd check all engine grounds first. That's free.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Check the big ones first and go from there. My G had this issue and it was the negative battery post line where it attached to the body... so make sure all connectors are tight!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by JimG35
Before running out and buying new battery & alternator, clean the two wire harness grounding connections in the front top of the engine, under the cover.

Why does "brake" light up if the charging system has failed? Perhaps the all-knowing computer can't think straight will inadequate voltage (caused by high ground resistance).

Cleaned mine. Problem gone.
where are these wire harnesses? Under the cover of the engine?

Also, to clean the grounds is it necessary to first disconnect the battery? I know this is a very old post, but help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-30-2018, 06:33 AM
G37S Battery on and off

G'day!
My G37s coupe (2009) has just shown a symptom which I have not experienced before.
After leaving the car on the sun (+40C outside) for a few hours, when i departed the Battery light came on during start and stayed for about 2 minutes, then it went away.
Wonder if it is the battery or the alternator?
whats best to do?
Many thanks,
Boris

Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Boris there are at least 3 possible problems it could be and suggestions on how to fix all 3. Please re-read the thread and you will realize your question has already been answered.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:28 AM
G35 Sedan
I know it's an old thread but I have this flickering issue with a brand new battery

Originally Posted by jakeup93
This only started about under a month ago. The dash lights - Brake and Battery - are on, or really, they flicker on/off and try to stay on when the revs rise. Typically when it's idling, the lights don't come on. Strange right. After I ran the car hard with high revs, the lights will pretty much stay on and not flicker until I restart the car again.

I checked the battery and it will do 12.5-12.7v with the engine off and 13.8 to about 14.9v with the engine and a/c on. I took it to O'Reilly and Autozone and they tested the battery and alternator, though it looks like the exact same testing tool, and they both said that the battery is no good while the alternator is good. But I had them test it like 2 months ago and the guy said that the battery and alternator were both fine. Could it be the alternator voltage regulators or diodes? I have an in-dash pioneer avic d3 with the vehicle dynamics display, though I don't know how reliable the readings could be, they seem accurate. The pioneer says that the voltage fluctuates between 13.8v and spikes 15.5v. Teh reading will be all over the place. ONly until I run the car hard, will the pioneer read the voltage as a steady 14.7v.

Whats up?
I have a 2004 g35 with same flickering issue brand new battery. What ended up being the cause?

Old 08-31-2019, 02:20 PM
G37x Automatic
Please Help - College Kid!

Hey all,

First time using this forum. I own a 09 G37x Automatic. I disconnected the battery and left the car under a cover in a garage for 3 months while i returned home. I came back to the battery and brake light on and the car not being able to stay running for more than 5-6mins. I bought a battery alternator tester, battery shows dead, alternator light doesn't even come on. From what I'm reading I'm scared to just replace the alternator and call it a day, because that doesn't seem to fix the problem. Please help if you can. Thanks

Old 04-11-2022, 07:13 PM
infiniti g35
Concerned help plz

I know this old but I have a 2006 G35 sedan and I’m having this problems with the flashing of the brake and battery light but it only happens when I go over 3100 rpm and as it’s flashing and it gets way faster till it gets almost solid it like basically stops the acceleration then it catches back on the acceleration when i stay on 3000 rpm it will stop and be normal again and this my 2 battery (barely a year) and 2 alternator (barely a year aswell) i replace my negative ground cable because before it usto have struggle to start that the battery dies and wont start so i would need it jumped but since i did that it was normal after a month later is when the flicker started but nothing in the headlights, interior, radio is dim