G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Im kinda stuck in an ugly situation..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im kinda stuck in an ugly situation..

Alright so I have a 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan, and I literally just made my final payment last month. Of course, this month, all the problems started. It has roughly 125,000 miles on it and I bought the car about 2 1/2 years ago and also got an extended warranty, which just expired. Besides performance decreasing dramatically, for the past month or so my car hasnt been starting, every week or so it happens, and I end up having to charge the battery. I even replaced the battery the first time it didnt start because it was drained. So even after I replaced the battery it continues to occur, ive taken it to multiple mechanics and noone can figure it out. Multiple tests have shown its not the alternator or battery. I did want to note that there is a cd stuck in my disc changer, i have a big feeling it has to deal with the car not starting, but it doesnt make the noise like it used to (trying to spit the cd out). I definately feel like I should take it into the dealership asap but know its going to be very expensive since i dont have warranty. My question to you guys is would be a good idea to shop around for an extended warranty? I really love my car and dont have the money for another one, but at the same time it has 125k and is starting to dissappoint me! I was looking into getting a coupe anyways but know I cant get much for an 03 sedan with 125 k so I might as well keep it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Old 08-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
^ you may surprise me, but I have not seen companies offer extended warranties with that kind of milage.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
you paid off the car.

have you kept up with small maintenance stuff?

if you THINK its the cd player, get a replament unit on here. Most of them sell it for $50-100 shipped to you. I dont think so but if you do and you want to rule something out this would be the best and CHEAPEST way to do it. Pay any audio shop $100 to swap radios out and your radio issue is done with.

How i see it is if anything this repair is going to run you $1000 at the dealership but this will take care of the problem, no i will no pay people more then 100 if they dont take care of my problem. $1000 is 2-5 months of car payments pending on the person and when they bought it. After this problem the car should be solid again.

Getting another car will automaticlly mean car payment. Fixing the sedan is a one time thing.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah thats true thanks for the input, i have had my cd player get jammed before and i ended up getting the cd out on my own but it doesnt seem to be as easy this time, but what im worried about is the fact that i dont know what the exact issue is, meaning i may be wasting my time and money..either way i go.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sure you all have tried this before, but when a cd got stuck in my cd player I just took a little card like a business card and kept sliding it under the cd and it eventually popped back in or something and it has been working fine since. Maybe I got lucky and I hope it doesn't happen again but it's worth a try.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What about just removing the entire stock radio, live with nothing for a while, and see if your electrical problems go away?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
ya just unplug it from the back and try driving around with it like that

Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If one fuse is for the audio / deck (maybe 12v accessory plug and lighter) : pull that fuse and see if your issue resolves itself.

Searched and found this old post.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-fuse-box.html

I don't understand how you are losing engine power. Are you driving and you get a sudden surge of power or is your car just lacking power all of the time?

Last edited by RATED G; 08-26-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Update with more details
Old 08-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Is it a Bose unit?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I have cd's stuck in the disc changer too and I'm thinking of getting a knife to slide it in.. Is this a good idea? Lol.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
is yours a MT or AT? my brother in law had a problem with starting up... it was a clicker that hits the clutch... not sure if this is your case

Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As far as your battery being drained..Take your car to a stereo shop.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Ok, take it from someone that's already be through all this.
I have an 03 that was also draining the battery. Also jammed CDs... that was the problem.

To figure out if it's the problem, find your radio fuse, it's in the fuse box under the hood, and pull it the next time your car will be sitting for 3-4 days.
If it doesn't kill the battery, then you've found your gremlin (I'm 99% sure that's the problem anyway, but you should still check and see)

With mine, I couldn't get the changer to un-jam, and the radio and ac share a circuit board and fuse, so you can't just leave the fuse out, or you won't have any control over your ac, also, there wasn't any one plug I could remove that would keep the AC controls but shut off the radio.
So while I had it apart, I started dismantling the CD changer to see if I could get it un-stuck, and just as a test, I tried removing the unit entirely and testing it out with the CD-changer removed from the rest of the head-unit assembly.
Everything worked fine... AC / Tape / Radio.. just no CD changer. So I ended up just putting it back together without the disc changer and it's been fine ever since feb/09.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Not to thread hijack (didn't get a response earlier in the thread anyway), but here goes.

If you got a BOSE in dash w/ the cd's stuck, then take it to your dealer. I and another guy I know both had that issue (no battery drain problems, though) and the dealer replaced BOTH of our units w/ refurbished ones. Apparently BOSE had a problem with this and they replaced ours at NO CHARGE. And, both of our G's were way out of warranty. Also, a few weeks later, got my cd's in the mail.

Keep in mind, this is NOT an Infiniti issue, it's a BOSE thing. So if you don't have a BOSE stereo in your G, then disregard, but if you do and are having issues, give the dealer a shot and mention that you heard that Bose might help out with the solution.

Not that this will cure the OP's problem, but it might be a step.
GL!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Yes I do have a bose unit, and my car is an automatic. I am definately going to call the dealership in the morning and see if I can do anything regarding having bose help, that would be great, and ill let you guys know as soon as I find out. To be honest I dont think I would ever have the opportunity to leave me car sitting for 3-4 days. And after researching the idea of adding an extended warranty...im totally not feeling that after reading some reviews. I definately want to make sure I take care of this the right way. Also, I tried one last time, for a good 20 minutes, trying to unjam the cd with a business card but its not working and the cd changer isnt even responding when I hit the eject or load button.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Im kinda stuck in an ugly situation..