G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

International Car Show Pictures (G35 & M45)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: International Car Show Pictures (G35 & M45)

Since Nissan North America is headquartered in the Torrance / Gardena area, we do get a chance to see some of the upcoming cars before they hit the dealer lots. I talked with my friend from Nissan, and they evidently have 7 or so of the new M's in the motor pool [being used for press events, car reviews, etc.], so you can catch them being driven around in the area already.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:36 PM

Very good pics!!
Personally i think that the sedan loose the fine, chic and sport looks.

^^

Old 10-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts

M45 is amazing! I think im going to have to kick down the G to the wifey and go for the M!

Can't wait to see it in person

Great pics and THANKS!

G35papa
2003 Pearl White - Premium Willow - Clear Corners (moded) - Z-tube - 18" OEMs- Tinted all around

Old 10-20-2004, 08:19 PM

The Mustang looks great on the exterior, but what's with the E-Brake. Could it be any larger?

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars
Kaaz LSD

Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 AM

If you like getting close to your girl in the car then that thing is out!

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 10-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Premier Member

Works fine here.

2004 Infiniti G35S, 6MT, Premium, Sport, DP
Mods: JDM Clears, 20% tint, Z-tube, Stilen CAI
Track: 14.32 at 98.79 mph 2.2032 60ft
Dyno 07-07-04 - 234.2 hp & 233.8 tq
http://www.g35world.com

Old 10-24-2004, 04:23 AM

Thanks for the Pics. It's official...Infiniti has ruined the Sedan. Bleeeeeech. In the one pic you can even see the blonde frowning, thinking crap they have just gutted all that was cool about this car.

I hope the M looks much better in person. It looks a lot like a 2004 Maxima from the side in those pics, and that ain't a good thing.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 AM

I wouldn't go to those extremes because although there are tihngs I don't like, they changed more positively then negatively:

a) more power for both auto and manual (especially for manual). Huge points!
b) the interior is nicer; I had no complaints about the satin finish on the premium package and in some ways prefer it to the aluminum, but you have to like the instrument cluster, pedals, and mp3 player better
c) 18's and painted side-sills are hard to argue against
d) Smoother shifting 6spd scores points

Negatives:
a) Hate that they added the trunk button on the back and much prefer the old taillights

Indifferent:
a) front bumper, less edgy but it sort of works. I have a black G35 so the front of the old g35's looks real good in black because everything matches. On other colors I think this front will look nicer.
b) overall sporty/edginess is toned down but it certainly looks more luxurious; take one look at the commercial.

So you can see there are a lot of positives for me, one negative, and two indifferent things. Simply put, I'd trade-up if money wasn't involved.

04 6MT Sedan - Z Tube, K&N Drop-In, 04 Z Suspension

Old 10-27-2004, 07:18 PM

Hmmmmmm......I think you had two negatives, but who's counting : )

Infiniti has definitely lost any future G35 business from me, unless I go to the Coupe. They have just KILLED the Sedan for me. The front loses ALL of it's edginess (Camry, anyone?), and the rear is now laughable due to those bug-eye, round pattern tail lights. I dont care for the clock placement or the shifter/boot/plate for the A/T in the new interior. It's too effeminate. I realize all this is subjective, but I really feel they have killed the looks of the Sedan. I'm not even sure about the new wheels. I hope they look better in person.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:05 PM

It's almost the same front as the coupe and that's been highly complimented on the coupe. To me the front is far from Camry. I will agree with you on the back of the car and the wheels definitely look better; I'm not a fan of the previous 17's.

I really don't like the new rear, but that's pretty much it; how can you not prefer the new instruments and the 277/298 HP.

I don't think the changes are worth saying anything like, "Infiniti has lost all G35 business from me"

Chances are the next G35 or Skyline will be awesome as is the one you own and you'll take that statement back. Additionally, Infiniti isn't trying to sell a G35 to you, they already have.

I realize everyone is trying to feel better about their purchase and make themselves feel that their car isn't inferior (which it really isn't), but this "New Sedan is the worst thing since the Yugo." chant is getting old. There are things they've done to make it undeniabley better, and there are somethings that they changed that you may or may not like as much. You can't argue a better 6spd, bigger rims, better brakes, and better engines.

The car doesn't suck, if you prefer your 03-04 then keep it. There are a lot of people reading this that probably want to purchase 05's and you're most likely confusing them.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
raises all-in

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

There are a lot of people reading this that probably want to purchase 05's and you're most likely confusing them.

<hr></blockquote>

...and I'm one of them. Although, I can't say for sure whether I'm confused or not.

What I do know is that every single negative comment regarding the 05 on this (and other) forum is made by current 03/04 owners.

Future G35 owners only say how they can't wait to get their new car.

Old 10-28-2004, 06:21 PM

Go figure???

I too am sad I have an 04, but I still love the car, they just made the 05 better, although in all honesty I do prefer the back of the 03/04 better. I don't care though, I got rims and exhaust going on my ride soon and that'll make up the difference. I can't play mp3s but my cell phone plays mp3s and I have the tape adapter so that's fine.

Either way, the 03-04 and 05's are SWEET cars, you'll ultimately be happy with either, but if you're buying now the 05 would be ideal.

Old 10-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Calm down now Colin! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 AM

I definitely would NOT have bought the sedan if it had looked like the 2005. The coupe front end looks better on the coupe, it doesn't belong on the sedan. The sedan is narrower across the front and looked far better in the original style. The new rear end is atrocious. I say what I mean and mean what I say. If the new sedan looked better, I would just trade for one....It ain't gonna happen unless/until Infiniti fixes what they screwed up. I may trade for an 05 coupe or I may hang on to my sedan until i see something else that looks/performs better. So far, there is nothing out there in the price range that comes close, including the 2005 Sedan. The 350z is two seater with no trunk, RX8 styling is quirky, no low end torque, and gas mileage is terrible, Mercedes C Class looks great, but MB reliability/quality is in the john.

Anyone else can and should buy whatever they like, whenever they like. I couldn't care less. If anyone lets my opinions change their minds about a $35,000 purchase, they shouldn't spend that much money on a car anyway.

Old 10-31-2004, 12:58 AM

I have an '04 and trading up to an '05.
IMO the new interior, added HP, new wheels, new bumber, intelligent key, 7" instead of 6.5" Nav, Better stock sound and last but nost least the REAR headlights won me over!

The only thing that I really don't like is the rotary Temp. and Vol. controls on the new '05! I loved the rockers on the '04 and had no problems with them but I understand that the majority of people complained and Infiniti changed it.

In all fairness to Infiniti, they have addressed almost everything I wanted to be changed on this car with the '05 model.

My complaints:

1- MP3 sound
2- Real Aluminum and better materials inside
3- Power tilt/telescope
4- Rain Sensing Wipers! Can't believe they didn't put it on! Every car in this category has it.
5- Nicer wheels
6- Coupe bumper

I honestly couldn't want more.

At the same time though my girlfriend told me how Infiniti has "screwed up" the rear styling, and she's not a car person at all! Not someone who pays attention to cars but she particulalry loved the '03-'04 rearend.

To wrap it up, I think styling is a very personal thing. These mid-life freshening ups usually put off some people and attract some more so it's a way to appeal to new market.

One last thing on the new lights, they won't look as bad once you start seeing more of them and getting used to it. After a while it will become normal and part of the whole design. One of the reasons so many are complaining is that it's just too new! and the old lights were arguably very handsome as well. But it will all be normal very soon in a few months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: International Car Show Pictures (G35 & M45)