G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Helppp asapp!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helppp asapp!

Hey guys, i just bought my 03 infiniti g35 the other day and the guy i bought it off already bought a double din and installed a 12 inch alpine subwoofer in the trunk. Anyways when i was listening to music i noticed my bass was cutting in and out and i thought maybe my amp was not getting enough power. So i asked some friends of mine who installed their own subs and etc what was wrong. We took a look at the back and i noticed the wires for the amp were in the wrong place. We then proceeded to switch them but we forgot to disconect my car battery. Anyways it made a blue spark when my friend put the power into the amplifer so we turned off the battery. I know that was a number one rule but anyways there were no problems. After switching the wires etc i turned my car on and the stereo system did not even turn on. The only thing that my double din could do was eject and it was technically on im guessing. So when i decided to switch the wires on the amp the way they were before. This time after i turned on my car my audio system did not even turn on and my dashboard lights didnt illuminate. My left and right blinkers work and my middle dash has lights too. I checked the dimmer too and the fuses for the radio etc and they were all fine. what happendd I cant even see how much gas i have or how fast i am going now any help would be awsome !!

Old 09-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by LLfyre
Hey guys, i just bought my 03 infiniti g35 the other day and the guy i bought it off already bought a double din and installed a 12 inch alpine subwoofer in the trunk. Anyways when i was listening to music i noticed my bass was cutting in and out and i thought maybe my amp was not getting enough power. So i asked some friends of mine who installed their own subs and etc what was wrong. We took a look at the back and i noticed the wires for the amp were in the wrong place. We then proceeded to switch them but we forgot to disconect my car battery. Anyways it made a blue spark when my friend put the power into the amplifer so we turned off the battery. I know that was a number one rule but anyways there were no problems. After switching the wires etc i turned my car on and the stereo system did not even turn on. The only thing that my double din could do was eject and it was technically on im guessing. So when i decided to switch the wires on the amp the way they were before. This time after i turned on my car my audio system did not even turn on and my dashboard lights didnt illuminate. My left and right blinkers work and my middle dash has lights too. I checked the dimmer too and the fuses for the radio etc and they were all fine. what happendd I cant even see how much gas i have or how fast i am going now any help would be awsome !!
seems like u burned a ground some where. really hard to tell without seeing it in person.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
wow...uh...how were the wires in the wrong place???

are you meaning the power and ground wires were in the wrong place

or just the speaker wires were goofy?

If its the power wires you really need to check em right now, its a potential electrical hazzard

Just cuz a wire is red, that doesn't mean its a power wire

my power wires are red,blue,silver and a pearl color (2 amps)

for the illumination, check the mirror fuse, I had the same issue. Some fuses look ok but need to be swapped.

Do you have a test light and a DMM?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
alright i checked the mirror fuse and that seemed to be the problem i fixed my dashboard lights, but my entire audio system still dosnt turn on.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Did you check the fuses in the amp and head unit?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:58 PM
^ it could be the radio fuse, take it out.