G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Struggling with DIY - Driver Seat Track- please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Struggling with DIY - Driver Seat Track- please help

Hey guys,

I have been following this: http://www.odometergears.com/subpage...ar_How_To.html

So this is what happened I replaced the gear and put everything back on, then i noticed I forgot to put the bolt back on to hold the gear. So when i dismantled it again, and it took off the motor off the gear it was stuck, i pulled it off and this ring bolt was stuck. I got it off but i looked inside the motor circle, the ring definitely was in it so I took the ring and put it back at the very end of the motor inside.

I put the securing bolt back on the screw gear and made it as tight as possible (I assume this is correct). I tried to slide the motor back on to the gear screw and it wont slide all the way on the screw. I dont know what is wrong and I followed the steps. It doesnt look like anything is blocking it so I cant figure it out.

I know it was just the gear to causing the problems but now I cant fix what I already fixed ...........

Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I replaced my seat motor and had isses getting the old one off and the new one back on. I found that turning the gear ever so slightly solved the issue. This can be accomplished with a screwdriver.

I am now having trouble with the seat track skipping a bit and it not being alligned. It seems that when it goes all the way forward or back, the left side has to catch up with the right side at the end of the move. Any thoughts on this.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
You mean turn the actual whole gear or just the bolt. Right now my issue is I put the gear on and then secure it with the bolt.The motor wont slide back on but if I take off the bolt, it will slide back on.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:37 PM
It has been a while since I had my motor off but I seem to remember being able to use a screwdriver on the end of the gear. I assume I was touching the bolt you are speaking of. I did not have to change the gears...only the motor. I had an issue of with getting the motor on the gear but with a little turn of the gear it lined up and fit back on.

I have a seat diagnostic file that may help. It is a 2.5Mb pdf file. Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you: samudj01 a t yahoo d o t c o m

Last edited by samudj01; 01-04-2011 at 06:43 PM.