G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

how does the awd work on a g35x?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
you need a driver mod brah...
oN the worst of the blizzard, I was driving my friend 2011 g37xs in good 15+ inches of snow cause he's not used to awd sedans coming from a jeep. Secret is dont stop in deep snow, once u stop, be ready to spend some time in that spot.
But when people were abondoning their cars all over the roads, I was driving around them, bunch of cars of anytime even g37x and 2nd gen fx35. shyt load of cabs left on the roads. I had fun driving.

I have an 06x with 2+ inch drop and now back on 17s. I literally rub redbull cans, and Im driving since day 1 of the storm, just need to know what your car is capable of.
I only got stuck once, thats because I literally sat the car on ice and 4 wheels came off the ground, spinning all 4 in the air. Had to jack up the car and clean the under, or else it wasnt even moving with 10ppl pushing it.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My 06X with Conti Extreme wintercontacs got me into work Mon., 42 miles one way. 2/3s of the staff stayed home.
The NY Post ran a story about the union supervisors ordering their men to not plow the way they were supposed to. To leave roads unplowed and to do lousey jobs on others. It was only the outer bouroughs that suffered from what I read.
This was pay back for cutbacks and supervisor demotions. Don't you just love unions?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
someone I know bought a 2004 G35 that they thought was a G35x but it wasn't and they got stuck paying the premium for awd! sucks.. my 05 x was awesome and we got about 14" and im running on all seasons that are about 40% tread left!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassman
Don't you just love unions?

They were great in the 20's and 30's, but now they seem more political than anything and cost the states more money vs hiring well qualified "scab" outfits

Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by jayflyxx
someone I know bought a 2004 G35 that they thought was a G35x but it wasn't and they got stuck paying the premium for awd! sucks.. my 05 x was awesome and we got about 14" and im running on all seasons that are about 40% tread left!

Actually, I remember a thread from 06/07. Someone bought a used g35 and was asking where the snow button was. Come to find out, the g35x they bought was a g35 that someone added the little x to on the trunk!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM
"x" is gon give it to ya!

im out on strong island and i didnt even dig my car out of snow, i just pulled out the driveway and passed everyone on the way to work.tha awd system is very confident. i was looking for unplowed roads i even turned snow mode off and the car is amazing in snow im waiting for more.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I hear ya man my 06X is a friggin tank in the winter and a corner carver in the summer I love it!!!
ps- all I have is all seasons!!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
They were great in the 20's and 30's, but now they seem more political than anything and cost the states more money vs hiring well qualified "scab" outfits
OFF TOPIC:
I've worked for several unions and all they've done is protect the tool bags that slacked off and couldn't do their job like the rest of us. When it came time to negotiate contracts they were only interested in what's in it for them......now that I'm vested I'm done with them.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by TwinInfin
OFF TOPIC:
I've worked for several unions and all they've done is protect the tool bags that slacked off and couldn't do their job like the rest of us. When it came time to negotiate contracts they were only interested in what's in it for them......now that I'm vested I'm done with them.

I saw that as well. Had plenty of union interaction when I was an electrical contractor. After 8 years in the trade, my view of unions is to do a little work as possible so the job lasts as long as possible and you don't get laid off. I've actually been yelled at for working too fast

Have a building to build and want it done fast, cheap and well? Then don't use unions!! Unfortunately poltics sometimes makes it so that non-union forms can't bid on certain jobs. Its how MA is and forced my electrical company to go to union just so they could bid on job. Union pay rate went up, but after all the union bs deductions, worker take home pay went down.

I left the trade to become an engineer...and have had a distaste for unions ever since.

Ok, back on topic. Another foot of snowing coming this weekend!!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
To all the people who brag about driving an X with all seasons: you do understand that an AWD system does not help with breaking right?
I have a 04.5 X and always drive the best winter tires.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
We got about 15 inches or so here in IN and I have AWD and the car is slammed (especially with the STS rear mount and filter hanging down) and I have had no problems. I've actually been amazed at the capability. Something must be wrong with your car.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by drkay
To all the people who brag about driving an X with all seasons: you do understand that an AWD system does not help with breaking right?
Of course, snow tires are always going to be superior in the snow.

But for my driving, i found them unneccesary for the roads I travel on in a major metropolitan area. I ran snows for a season, then sold them. All-seaons are fine for my needs

Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by drkay
Does it help with spelling? (braking)

Just kidding! But braking in the snow is no problem, it's the ice that nothing can save you from except careful driving.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too have an x with all seasons, and yes you have to watch braking i suppose, however with snow mode on, this is the most confident awd system I have ever had the pleasure of driving. When its snowing hard, I can easily go 70 on the freeway comfortably and pass everyone, be able to change lanes and not even feel the snow piled inbetween each lane, even in an unplowed parking lot, if I have snow mode and vdc on, and keep on the gas, the car will not let you go astray. Not to say you can't mash the gas and get it sideways really easy..but if you are just trying to go in the snow the x will not let you down.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
no problems with my 05x. In chicago people normally stuggle to parellel street park. I just pull in and pull out normally. every now and then i have to work a little for it. I have ****ty all-seasons still on the car. On the highway its not so much a tank since its RWD for the the most part, no problem for me but i know its not a AWD tank like an old subie.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how does the awd work on a g35x?