G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Can you guess what's in the box???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by labguy94
Wow great find Rob! I wish I had an 03/04 bumper and mudguards to be able to swap... Looks great!

Are you done completing the Nismo Kit for your car already? Can't wait to see it complete.
I have to get my side skirts, bumper and license plate cover painted. I dumped a wad of money in these three lips (but I couldn't pass them up, you know), so it might take a little while to drum up some cash for the body man!
I know, I'm so stoked about it now that I want it all painted and put on ASAP. I still need wheels and suspension too! Does it ever end?

Originally Posted by MEXTEP
How much you going to sell the DG for?
PM me

Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by hL.
!!!!!!
I know!!!

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
damn.. so sexy.. can u make it LS for me? im sure id jump on this
now i want an 03 bumper lol
LOL- don't think you'd want to pay the price. I didn't get them cheap, I just couldn't let them sit there. They seemed so lonely.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Nice! Can't wait to see it on the car! When is it going on?
Got to drum up cash to get the skirts, bumper and license plate cover painted. probably a little while

Old 01-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
19kdrill you are the Nismo King!!!
I'm interested in one of these if they aren't already spoken for. Don't care what color. Please PM me if they are for sale

Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Old 01-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by MikeDG
19kdrill you are the Nismo King!!!
I'm interested in one of these if they aren't already spoken for. Don't care what color. Please PM me if they are for sale
YES!! BOW DOWN TO ME!!!! NOT! (lol)

I've been having a blast researching and locating these things. Talked to a handful of dealers and reps that are willing to help out. It seems that there are few more out there for the getting! Of course, now Ionic has the replica Nismo lip (which looks awesome) so I'm just glad that all hope is not lost for our poor 03-04 sedans!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
How much for the DP?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
There's no end...

I feel your pain. I'm now considering going with coilovers or air... Or just continue on with my current setup and do a bandaid fix for a rear shock that's leaking (get an OE replacement)... And then come back to my coilover or air debate later.

It doesn't stop... You are gonna keep one of these rear lips right? For your car?

Keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by 19kdrill
I have to get my side skirts, bumper and license plate cover painted. I dumped a wad of money in these three lips (but I couldn't pass them up, you know), so it might take a little while to drum up some cash for the body man!
I know, I'm so stoked about it now that I want it all painted and put on ASAP. I still need wheels and suspension too! Does it ever end?

PM me

Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
How much for the DP?
PM'd you.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by labguy94
There's no end...

I feel your pain. I'm now considering going with coilovers or air... Or just continue on with my current setup and do a bandaid fix for a rear shock that's leaking (get an OE replacement)... And then come back to my coilover or air debate later.

It doesn't stop... You are gonna keep one of these rear lips right? For your car?

Keep up the good work!
PM'd you.
Thanks,
Yeah, I'm keeping the DP. I purchased a set of 350z springs from another member here and am fixin' to pull the trigger on a sport coupe suspension complete (that should give me upgraded sport shocks/struts and the Z/G drop). Been kicking around the idea of 09-10 18" Maxima wheels (in another thread somewhere), but we'll see.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Rob, nice find on some rare Nismo rear lips for the sedan. You certainly live up to your screen name

On a slight side note, I placed the order for the Ionic Nismo replica rear lip which should arrive by 1/25. I think I read somewhere that you need 03-04 mudguards to complete the install. Is this true?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by lexusk8
Rob, nice find on some rare Nismo rear lips for the sedan. You certainly live up to your screen name

On a slight side note, I placed the order for the Ionic Nismo replica rear lip which should arrive by 1/25. I think I read somewhere that you need 03-04 mudguards to complete the install. Is this true?
Thank you Sir.

I don't think that's true about the mudguards (if they're the same ones I'm thinking about). They only fit non-aero as far as I know.

Congrats on the pickup, though! The Ionic lip is the !!!
rob.g

Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by cremaster
a ping pong table!! i love ping pong.
I used to play ping pong in Ding-Dang

Thanks,
Yeah, I'm keeping the DP. I purchased a set of 350z springs from another member here and am fixin' to pull the trigger on a sport coupe suspension complete (that should give me upgraded sport shocks/struts and the Z/G drop). Been kicking around the idea of 09-10 18" Maxima wheels (in another thread somewhere), but we'll see.
Pullist NOT thy trigger, yet rest thine own index finger for time not yet!

The SPORT package on the coupes means it comes with the exact same rear springs as a 04.5+ 350Z (revised)
So if you get those, you're not really accomplishing anything but getting a redundant set of springs.

Originally Posted by lexusk8

Thank you Sir.

I don't think that's true about the mudguards (if they're the same ones I'm thinking about). They only fit non-aero as far as I know.

Congrats on the pickup, though! The Ionic lip is the !!!
rob.g
You guys need to understand the difference between "Mudguards" and "Splashguards"

"Splashguards" are the small, add-on "mud flap" type part.

"Mudguards" (as they're called in the FSM) are the short little pieces of side skirt between the back bumper and rear fenderwell.
03/04's are fine. Nismo or non-Nismo.

05/06 must swap both the rear bumper AND mudguards, as the 05/06 ones flare out more and aren't compatible with the 03/04 rear bumper. (or rear lips for that matter)

Old 01-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Pullist NOT thy trigger, yet rest thine own index finger for time not yet!

The SPORT package on the coupes means it comes with the exact same rear springs as a 04.5+ 350Z (revised)
So if you get those, you're not really accomplishing anything but getting a redundant set of springs.
I was under the impression (from previous search) that the coupe rear springs would give my 2003.0 sedan a .5" drop in the rear and the front 350Z springs would give me a 1" drop in the front. As far as the struts and shocks (from the coupe), I was just considering them due to the fact that they only have approx 45k miles on them and they are from an 06 sport (which should tighter than my sedan's 107K miles worth of tired and creaky suspension). Did I misinterpret this? I don't want to buy something I really don't need.
thanks,
rob.g

Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^You interpereted correctly.... for a non-sport coupe.

The sport package entails (among many other things) 350Z rear suspension.

Trust me on this one. I got a full suspension off a 04.5 350Z and the springs off a 06 sport coupe. (Intending to do the same G/Z drop as you've planned) But, the rear springs were identical in every way.
So I just went with the 04.5 Z suspension and resold the coupe springs (for slightly more than I paid )

Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 AM
^Thanks for clearing that up. You saved me about $150.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can you guess what's in the box???