If I had a grand to spend....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont listen to these people,
if you plan on further modding your car in the future then OK
but if you plan on only putting in 1000 into your car and thats it.
dont even waste your money on that because that would just be stupid.
think about it youre going to spend a grand on coilovers and then what? cool i have coilovers and my car is slammed you can cut your springs like a ricer and youll do that for free LOL
like i said make it look nicer and thats it. because you obviously got the car because it performs well so who cares, its already faster then 85% of cars on the road looks ok stock, just make it a little more unique looking then a stock G and thats all you need for a grand!
but if this is only the first grand on spending and then in the future when you have more money you plan on doing more then the advice given is what i and anyone else should go for!

Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LuXXXz
what year car do you have, nismo kit, anything else, pics???!
I have an 04. no nismo kit. i have tint and subs. thats it.

how about the G/Z combo...yes or no? is that cheaper than buying coils or is just worth it to get coils?

Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 PM
O no...there is a lot more I would like to do to my car. A grand is not all im going to put in. It's just all I am willing to spend right now.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Banned
yes thats way cheaper you can probably get that for 150 bucks w/ struts and everything all around, you can get some forged coupe wheels for 500-700,coupe midpipe 70-100, clear corners 40, and you got a great looking car and for around another 150 you can paint match the bottom of your car thats black from the factory to match your car and it will look very nice if your car isnt black

Old 03-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by vik1991
O no...there is a lot more I would like to do to my car. A grand is not all im going to put in. It's just all I am willing to spend right now.

well then i advise you to go with peoples advice, if this is only the beginning then go the other members route, probably coils first, plenum etc.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:18 PM
ok sweet! do i look for those used here or can i get it from a dealer or website?
im getting kind of confused...if i go with the G/Z combo...do i still have to get different coils?

Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned
ok sweet! do i look for those used here or can i get it from a dealer or website?
im getting kind of confused...if i go with the G/Z combo...do i still have to get different coils?
if you go g/rear front/z then look in the marketplace here and 350z.com for a whole set springs/struts already together, the rear is seperate, springs are seperate from the strut, you can just get rear g coupe springs which will lower your car a bit but your struts might go faster if your car doesnt have the red sport struts

Old 03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
if you go g/rear front/z then look in the marketplace here and 350z.com for a whole set springs/struts already together, the rear is seperate, springs are seperate from the strut, you can just get rear g coupe springs which will lower your car a bit but your struts might go faster if your car doesnt have the red sport struts
ok ill keep an eye out for the whole package on here. thanks a lot.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
If I had a grand and I had to start all over. I would get springs, rear camber kit, sway bars,MD spacer, JWT Pop Charger. I feel like these are decent upgrades and will make your car more fun and enjoyable to drive on a daily basis. The mods that I felt that enhanced my driving experience the most would be suspension. Coilovers would be nice, can't go wrong with them but once you start modding the car it essentially becomes a money pit.

1K for coils, oh wait now I need to get an alignment, here come the camber kits. **** now I need rims, you blow off a few grand there...then you need tires. Oh but wait now I need a body kit to pull it off even more, next you want bbk to make your wheels look even sexier. Try to stay away from the temptation if you can, it ends up being an expensive hobby lol.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bestswat
Try to stay away from the temptation if you can, it ends up being an expensive hobby lol.
Haha, too true but almost all hobbies can end up being expensive, especially the more fun ones (ask Charlie Sheen!). Assuming your priorities are straight (obviously you should take care of certain things before blowing cash on hobbies), If you got a little extra cash and want to blow it on something fun, that's what living is about. Or you could die a boring old man with a cookie cutter car and a extra grand in your pocket?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Double Din Stereo

Old 03-07-2011, 05:17 PM
^what are good stereos that work with the double din??

well im not going to go crazy like turbo or supercharge my car. just want to make somethings better and just make it look good.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 PM
yes thats way cheaper you can probably get that for 150 bucks w/ struts and everything all around, you can get some forged coupe wheels for 500-700,coupe midpipe 70-100, clear corners 40, and you got a great looking car and for around another 150 you can paint match the bottom of your car thats black from the factory to match your car and it will look very nice if your car isnt black
Can you really get all of the black bottom pieces all the way around paint matched for only $150? I feel like with my previous experiences with paint shops it would cost more. Maybe I've been paying too much all long but I like the quality of their work. I mean I'm not trying to let Maaco touch my car!

Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

well im not going to go crazy like turbo or supercharge my car. just want to make somethings better and just make it look good.
Double Din is just a measurement ( either single din or double din) and it seems the most popular brand is pioneer. However i think that money can be better spent than on a new headunit. Lower it, tint it, get a new muffler you'll be happy.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the Pioneer AVIC -930BT. It has a good bluetooth, navigation, pandora radio, full ipod controls through the receiver touch screen, etc.

Be careful though cause it will make you want to upgrade the rest of the car stereo.

If interested you NEED to read this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ce-list-8.html

Attached Thumbnails If I had a grand to spend....-photo.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If I had a grand to spend....