G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

center console / road noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
center console / road noise

I just had the shifter assembly replaced in my 06 g35 sedan. Now i have alot of road noise coming from the console area. Did someone fail to replace a part that keeps out road noise? How can i check? what am i looking for? This noise is driving me crazy,so someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Chris

Old 05-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sketchy...Did you have the work done at the dealership?

Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks so much for your time,
No. I accually helped a friend install it, but I did not do any of the work under the car. I am trying to get in touch with him to make sure he did not forget to put somthing back in place, but i am almost sure he would not have done that.
When i purchased the car(which i got a really good deal on), I knew it would need some work,because it was abused pretty bad, like the shifter assy. had been broken off.
Anyway, just wondering, if maybe a part that insulates the shifter was missing, before i made the purchase?
Do you know, how i could tell if a part is missing from underneath the car? Or maybe the salvge yard part that i purchased(shifter assy.) was missing part of it when i purchased it? How or where could i view a picture of the complete shifter assy for auto. transmission? Do you think that would probably answer my question?
Thanks so much!!!!!!1

Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 PM
console/road noise cont....

Just talked to the guy that done the work for me. He said there was a product you could buy that would stop the road noise. Called Dynoshield,or something like that. I am about to look for it on line. Have you heard of it? Does it work?
Thanks again!!!!!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by scottyboy24
Just talked to the guy that done the work for me. He said there was a product you could buy that would stop the road noise. Called Dynoshield,or something like that. I am about to look for it on line. Have you heard of it? Does it work?
Thanks again!!!!!
I believe he is talking about DynaMat. There is generic stuff you can get off ebay that works about as well and cost alot less.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:43 PM
U R correct. Found a peice on ebay for 25$ free shipping. Gonna try it. I will try to let u know how it works out.
Thanks for your time!!!!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Passenger window and door lock?????

Looking for help on another problem.
The window or the door lock will not work on my passenger door, but you can control the lock from the drivers door, but not the window. Nissan dealer said the window motor was good, but I did not have them check any further, hoping I could figure this out myself. The owners before me have done something in the car because there are signs that they have taken things apart. I am hoping maybe something is unplugged? What's your thoughts on this?( any help on how to take the door panel off will surely help) Remember, the door lock and window will not work on the passenger door, but the lock operates from the drivers door to the passenger door, but the window will not work at all / and the dealer says the window motors good.
Please help!!!!!
Thanks for reading!!!!