G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help on header install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help on header install

im looking to change out my headers i bought some about a year ago and haven't had the time to put these on. and i just now started doing research on how long it will take. but i cant find any videos of any kind of actual help on the situation. ill start with the fact i have a custom exhaust and magnaflow mufflers 3" from high flow cat back. so my question is do i need to replace the pipes infront of that to get the true affect of the headers being added on? also i am wondering if there is anywhere for me to get a tune in the Hagerstown area that is good at what they do. cause i own a 35x AWD sedan. its a 04. and i got a cold air intake and the exhaust that i mentioned and im trying to add on the headers. do i need the test pipes? or what? and what else can i do to get to the goal of 260 wheel hp with out buying a blower and rebuilding my block? and at 125k miles is it still worth putting money into this car? or should i be looking for a new engine and transmission here soon? please help i would like to learn more about my car thank you!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
your miles are good bro, as long as you keep your maintenance up to date your good....if not well have you heard the term "you have to pay to play"? Just finish your breather mods, personally i wouldnt even bother with the headers just save up for some ART pipes. If your really worried about your motor lasting just look for a low mileage motor on ebay or craigslist and purchase it, build it up in baby steps...cams,crank,rods,pistons,port/polish, then when you current motor goes or when your done building swap it in tune and bam you should be good for 300+ n/a. Also you could always recoupe some of your money if you sold your old motor after the swap. But back to your header question, minimal gains that arent worth the pain in the *** to install!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 AM
i am not too sure what ART pipes are. But as far as the headers go, i already have them and paid for em and i might as well put them on, main focus is do i need any other pipes from the headers to connect to the rest of the exhaust? also i wanna know if replacing the stock struts and springs is a good idea for the megan racing coilovers? anyone have any ideas on them? also i installed the plenium spacer a while back and it would let my car turn over, then when i reinstalled the old stock stuff, car turned right over and was fine? anyone have any theories to this? cause i know i put it in right cause i did the stock one the same way i took out the new plenium from motordyne id really appreciate the help fellas

Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by rx7 hopes
i am not too sure what ART pipes are. But as far as the headers go, i already have them and paid for em and i might as well put them on, main focus is do i need any other pipes from the headers to connect to the rest of the exhaust? also i wanna know if replacing the stock struts and springs is a good idea for the megan racing coilovers? anyone have any ideas on them? also i installed the plenium spacer a while back and it would let my car turn over, then when i reinstalled the old stock stuff, car turned right over and was fine? anyone have any theories to this? cause i know i put it in right cause i did the stock one the same way i took out the new plenium from motordyne id really appreciate the help fellas

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/...roducts_id=121
^art pipes
no you dont need any more pipe just bolt em in,make sure you have lots of beer and tyenol for the headache! I wouldnt reccomend anything megan racing....esp suspension, if you dont have the money for good coil overs just do a set of tokico blues and your desired drop spring im running blues with tein s-techs. Sounds like you left something disconnected, i didnt have any issues when i installed mine. id try installing it again have a buddy come help you and both of you watch each step carefully, 4 eyes are better than 2!

Last edited by Kalvert; 09-28-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 AM
do you own a sedan AWD as well? and what spacer did you buy? a isotherm one or just the regular one? cause coilovers can wait till im near with the build and can get rims to drop it on, im more interested in the power band on the motor first, then lets worry about the drop. its power and brakes for me first then its looks. did you notice a serious amount of power from the spacer when you installed yours?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:00 AM
do you own a sedan AWD as well? and what spacer did you buy? a isotherm one or just the regular one? cause coilovers can wait till im near with the build and can get rims to drop it on, im more interested in the power band on the motor first, then lets worry about the drop. its power and brakes for me first then its looks. did you notice a serious amount of power from the spacer when you installed yours?
Nope im RWD,isotherm....its no turbo but it gave it some pep!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 AM
cause i own a AWD system and it never says it didn't work for AWD. and do you know anything about a pro charger? and if anyones hooked up on one of those? i am trying to complete this mild build by next summer.

Trending Topics

Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
All this information could easily be searched on this site and my350z.com.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Don't pass on ur headers

Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Headers was a good mod.especially with atune

Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
do you own a sedan AWD as well? and what spacer did you buy? a isotherm one or just the regular one? ... im more interested in the power band on the motor first, ... did you notice a serious amount of power from the spacer when you installed yours?
I have an MD 5/16ths spacer on my AWD and yes, it gives you a nice boost starting around 3500 RPMs. It's the single best bang for your buck performance mod out there. Nothing else is really close. And you only need the Cu ISO in a colder climate where you have sustained temps below 45 in the winter. I have it but I live in northern Michigan. And you don't need a Pop Charger. Just get a Z-tube. The G35 already has a very efficient intake system and just needs the Z-tube. There's a whole thread about mods for the Sedan.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey noon here I was reading thru some old post saw u have a sedan in ur avatar pic. Question for u : is that ur car or just a pic ? If it is what year and where did u get the bumper. I would like one just like that. I have an awd w that exact color but ugly bumper. That was for buttkiss it didn't have a pm option Sorry guys.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
He has a kurookie bumper I believe. And yes there is a way to pm him, just click on his name

Old 06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by NicooG35X
Hey noon here I was reading thru some old post saw u have a sedan in ur avatar pic. Question for u : is that ur car or just a pic ? If it is what year and where did u get the bumper. I would like one just like that. I have an awd w that exact color but ugly bumper. That was for buttkiss it didn't have a pm option Sorry guys.
Yo!

Today could be ur lucky day!
Thinking about selling my bumper.
I got ur message. I'll give you the header info when I talk to you
just text me @
8187306013—butkissą