G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Replacing Interior Lights with LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, all I was able to get are sh!tty cell phone pics...

Attached Thumbnails Replacing Interior Lights with LED's-imag0037.jpg   Replacing Interior Lights with LED's-imag0038.jpg   Replacing Interior Lights with LED's-imag0039.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IPGdriver
Just ordered the #5 sedan kit from statik. I'm pretty pumped to get them after this whole fiasco with ddm tunings LEDs..

I'll be sure to upload some good quality pics after I get them installed so you guys can get a good idea of what they look like!
You get them yet? If so post those pics!!!

Also, how are these installed. I took a quick look the other day and don't see how to get the light panel off on the map, dome, and doors. It was dark so I couldnt see much. If anyone could let me know what I need to do to get them in it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have them right now too but i'm looking for brighter ones for everything. I am also in need of 2 dome lights 2 reverse LED lights and 2 corner LED corners I have some but not bright enough for my liking i have seen brighter.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
How do I install the door light LED's? I was able to do the dome and map LED's no problem but can barely budge the door light cover. Do the plastic covers just pop out like the others or do I actually need to take off the door panel to get these in?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Plastic covers just pop like the others. I remember them being a bit tighter though, prying them open so hard I thought I would break them at one point.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Simm0nS777
How do I install the door light LED's? I was able to do the dome and map LED's no problem but can barely budge the door light cover. Do the plastic covers just pop out like the others or do I actually need to take off the door panel to get these in?
Try this PDF.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Step Lamp.pdf (10.8 KB, 186 views)
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
is the Stage 2 or 3 recommended ? Anyone have or had the stage 3 kit to throw some input about it ?
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/index.php

Old 03-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any comments on the back up / reverse lights they sell and the two different intensities?

Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Question, When unlock my car the LED's come on. When I start the engine they turn off for the most part but stay slightly dimmed. You don't really notice it unless you look right at the light. just wondering if this is normal or there is something wrong.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Question, When unlock my car the LED's come on. When I start the engine they turn off for the most part but stay slightly dimmed. You don't really notice it unless you look right at the light. just wondering if this is normal or there is something wrong.
Pretty sure it's normal. I remember it being discussed in another thread.

Found it, read the first two posts on this page - https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...asy-mod-4.html

Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by moonsh0t
Pretty sure it's normal. I remember it being discussed in another thread.

Found it, read the first two posts on this page - https://g35driver.com/forums/accesso...asy-mod-4.html
+1 happened with mine, no biggy.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep it's normal. I just replaced my oem with LED in Red stage 2 from Diode Dynamics.... I may be jumping up to the stage 3 though. When you order from Diode they have a specific tool you can get for $1 that help pop off the plastic plates. Very easy. No door panel removing. I had mine switched out in about 15 minutes.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
If you want a true white bulb, look for warm white LED bulbs. Because there is no such thing as a true white LED as they are all made of blue LEDs, something about the camera filtration will almost always make them seem blue in pictures.

I wouldn't worry about lumens, or how bright they are, if you want more illumination, go for the bulbs with more LEDs. I've had bulbs that were rated at higher lumens than others, but didn't perform as such, making me doubt they've ever actually taken the time or have the equipment to properly measure any of these stats.

Some of the newer warm white LEDs from vleds.com have been very good, and very bright for having something like 3 to 6 LEDs, as opposed to the older 24 LED bulbs I've had in the past. Even their cool white LEDs seem to be pretty white now, but my experience with them is that over time, the cool white LEDs will become a bit more blue.

BTW, I wouldn't worry too much about part numbers as festoon bulbs are all the same, only with different lengths. Just check to see what lengths you can fit in the space in your car. I've even squeezed in slightly oversized bulbs without a problem before, but I'm only talking about 1 or 2 millimeter differences here.

And if you want to know which bulbs you need without tearing everything apart to see for yourself:
http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx

Last edited by dofu; 03-19-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
LEDs use very little power, almost no power at all. LED bulbs use so little power, if you put them in your turn signals, your car will think there is no bulb in there, making the lights blink faster. Since there's always power moving through the car, it's normal for the LEDs to be slightly dimmed when the lights aren't on at random times.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
LEDs use very little power, almost no power at all. LED bulbs use so little power, if you put them in your turn signals, your car will think there is no bulb in there, making the lights blink faster. Since there's always power moving through the car, it's normal for the LEDs to be slightly dimmed when the lights aren't on at random times.
Gotcha, thanks for the info. Will this harm the life expectancy at all?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacing Interior Lights with LED's