G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Few questions

The arm rest in my G is only about 3 inches thick, and the older ones look much thicker, anyone know if there is an extension piece that I can upgrade? Would just make it a lot more comfortable if the arm rest was higher up so I could rest my arm and shift at the same time.

During break in, do I just need to keep it under 4000 RPM, or should I keep it under a certain speed limit as well? Did the 03/04 have to be broken in for 1,000 or 1,200 miles (according to ownders manual)?

What kind of modifications would I have to do to my exhaust to make it sound like a coupe?

I've owned this car for a few days and its rained everyday. This car handles amazing in the rain, it seems like even a clumsy driver would be safe in the rain if they came into trouble. I've never had such a fast car, its amazing how much power it has, and I barely have my foot on the pedal.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikk6,
I changed the oil after 1000 miles although todays engines don't require that. After the first 1000 miles, I romped on it a little. They say it is good to vary your speed while driving during breakin. Check out your owners manuel. The VQ engine has been around for years and is constantly being refined. I think Nissan/Infiniti have an owners manuel with breakin info for a reason. Follow it as closely as you can and enjoy an occassional romp. The car is so fast, really high rpms are only needed to race.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What kind of modifications would I have to do to my exhaust to make it sound like a coupe?"

It's my understanding that the 'Midpipe' on the 2 cars are completely different.

Several members here have swapped the Midpipe from the coupe in an effort to achieve a more agressive exhaust tone.

Use the search to see the details. Lots of threads out there on the subject.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
Nikk6,
I changed the oil after 1000 miles although todays engines don't require that. After the first 1000 miles, I romped on it a little. They say it is good to vary your speed while driving during breakin. Check out your owners manuel. The VQ engine has been around for years and is constantly being refined. I think Nissan/Infiniti have an owners manuel with breakin info for a reason. Follow it as closely as you can and enjoy an occassional romp. The car is so fast, really high rpms are only needed to race.
I will change the oil at 1,000 anyways, I don't see the use in waiting so long for the first one, couldn't help the engine to wait. But my question was, is there a certain speed to keep it under. On the freeway which I hate driving on during break in, I use 5th and 6th gear so I can vary the RPMS, the problem is I am going anywhere between 60 and 80 (while keeping it under 4,000). I remember back in the day you were suppose to keep it under 55 in a new car. I guess this is no longer the issue?

Originally Posted by socketz
"What kind of modifications would I have to do to my exhaust to make it sound like a coupe?"

It's my understanding that the 'Midpipe' on the 2 cars are completely different.

Several members here have swapped the Midpipe from the coupe in an effort to achieve a more agressive exhaust tone.

Use the search to see the details. Lots of threads out there on the subject.
Should I search for, "How do I make my sedan sound like a coupe?"
I was kind of hoping it was an easy mod.