G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Getting a Make-Over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting a Make-Over

I've finally brought myself the time to file claims for my car getting backed into by a UPS truck (hit and run almost year ago) and a more recent incident of getting my car keyed.. all around - these moments, I don't appreciate living in downtown San Francisco.

Looking for suggestions on a new color since I am getting a re-paint. Truthfully, I am kind of set on the Gun Metallic paint for the R35 (paint code KAD) since my body shop/mechanic will not be respraying the engine bay - I'm Brilliant Silver (paint code KY0) right now. I welcome any suggestions on a new color that will resemble BS though.

My main concern is that my mechanic has suggested that I pay some much needed attention to my suspension and has offered to replace suspension parts while the car is in his shop. I lowered the car 2 weeks into getting it and it's been like that since (going on 5 years). I replaced the shocks with a set of Tokico D-Specs and Tanabe GF210 coupe springs, but have not replaced any additional suspension parts since then (ball joints, cr's, cr bushings, lower control arms, lca bushings, diff bushings etc.) and the wear on them is beginning to manifest very badly. I purchased a set of Energy Suspension CR bushings but have yet to install them. My mechanic keeps telling me to buy new CR's and new LCA's but I really don't think they need to be replaced, maybe just the bushings. But I'm not the expert.

Any thoughts on what I should purchase to keep my suspension going for another 115K miles? I'm going to replace the GF210s with my old Tein S-Techs because truthfully, leaving scrape marks all over SF is getting tiring.

Many thanks in advance. - Mau

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.