G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Top Speed Pro Exhaust - Installation & Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Yeah I would leave the throttle body alone for now, it can do more harm than good to touch it if you accidentally more the plates.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by srv2nv
Might just be the car reacting to the new air flow. You could try resetting the ECU to see if that helps.

Could be a throttle body, but if the problem came up after the exhaust install, it probably isn't the problem.
I cleaned the throttle body tonight. It was filthy. Sadly, that didn't solve the problem. I checked again for exhaust leaks and couldn't find any. Tomorrow, I'll try resetting the ECU and idle using these instructions: http://www.6mt.net/forum/performance...rocedures.html . After a bit of searching, it seems like a reset is recommended after intake or exhaust mods.

Originally Posted by DVG
Yeah I would leave the throttle body alone for now, it can do more harm than good to touch it if you accidentally move the plates.
After reading some horror stories, I was very careful not to do that

Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
This morning I performed the following procedures:
1. Reset ECU
2. Accelerator pedal release position learning
3. Throttle valve closed position learning
4. Idle air volume learning

The stalling on warm start-up / low idle problem appears to have gone. Now, when the car is started when warm, instead of the revs dipping very low and sometimes stalling out, they rise and slowly return to normal idle. Winning.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rjblayz
Your exhaust tone will probably change once you break it in so doing a post break in video should be more accurate...
how long does it usually take to break in an exhaust? does it depend on each exhaust?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wyo_vr4
This morning I performed the following procedures:
1. Reset ECU
2. Accelerator pedal release position learning
3. Throttle valve closed position learning
4. Idle air volume learning

The stalling on warm start-up / low idle problem appears to have gone. Now, when the car is started when warm, instead of the revs dipping very low and sometimes stalling out, they rise and slowly return to normal idle. Winning.
Mine did the same. With the Megan racing exhaust. It went away once the ecu relearned the air flow, and hasn't come back for a couple months.
Nice vids btw. Did a good job.
I wouldn't worry about the idle stuff. Should be fine...

Old 04-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
glad to finally see a proper review for this setup

Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad your bolts at the mid pipe came loose. Mine did not. Actually in the middle of installing the same exhaust but with titanium burnt tip. Had to cut the nuts off now having issues getting the studs out. I cut the back of one off and still no budge. I will have to try and use some heat from a little torch tomorrow to see if that works. I really do not feel like having to drill it out as there is no room. I would of tries doing the two nuts method to extract the stud but my idiotic pissed off self decided I was going to try and take a pair of pliers and try and twist it off.....so now a nut won't go onto the thread. So waiting till in the morning to get my friends torch from him to get it out.....if anyone has ideas feel free to chime in lol

Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by g35loving
Glad your bolts at the mid pipe came loose. Mine did not. Actually in the middle of installing the same exhaust but with titanium burnt tip. Had to cut the nuts off now having issues getting the studs out. I cut the back of one off and still no budge. I will have to try and use some heat from a little torch tomorrow to see if that works. I really do not feel like having to drill it out as there is no room. I would of tries doing the two nuts method to extract the stud but my idiotic pissed off self decided I was going to try and take a pair of pliers and try and twist it off.....so now a nut won't go onto the thread. So waiting till in the morning to get my friends torch from him to get it out.....if anyone has ideas feel free to chime in lol
Sorry you're having problems. I honestly thought mine were not going to come off either. Hopefully the torch will do the trick.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Update: Idle is still fine. Exhaust tone has mellowed out. Still sounds good under acceleration but with less cruising drone. I like it even more now and the wife has stopped complaining.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Yea hopefully the torch will get it done. Will update later on

Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Ended up having to drill them out. But it sounds fricking amazing! I am very happy with it. Nice throaty sound with no rasp

Old 04-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by g35loving
Ended up having to drill them out. But it sounds fricking amazing! I am very happy with it. Nice throaty sound with no rasp
Glad you got it up and running. Enjoy!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 PM
I see TSP's eBay listing now features 2 of my videos

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230931759722

Old 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 06 sedan and the muffler wouldn't mount because there different hangers for the 03 and 06 so they sent me this mounting bracket for the muffler do you know whereit goes

Old 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
It goes where your other bracket is.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Speed Pro Exhaust - Installation & Review