G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

g35 depreciation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 PM
JCS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 depreciation

How much do g35s depreciate? Are they worth buying if your not going to mod it?

Old 01-28-2005, 01:37 PM
The internet has a plethora of information. Try KBB, Edmonds, NADA, etc. Look around at used ones vs. price of new ones.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I've been looking at used 03.5 and 04s. Infiniti quoted me 31K out the door for a new 2004 G35 w/leather, sunroof and Titanium trim interior. I can get a used 03.5 for around 25-26K with around 20K miles with the same options. Currently I'm leaning towards a used G.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Harley01, I think you're making a good decision going used. I don't care what people say about how little the G35 depreciates. I still think a used car is the way to go. Not sure where you live but I've seen some G35 sedans for less than 25K.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I like the 05s, but then I'd be getting into the 33-35K range and I just can't see spending that right now with a baby on the way. When the wife and I purchased our last house we went towards the top of our price range so our mortgage is on the high side. That said, I did it knowing my house is an investment and a car is an expense. Of course, that didn't stop me from buying a new Harley in 02, though HOGS tend to retain value pretty well....

Old 01-28-2005, 02:55 PM
harley01,
I suspect if you drive the 04 and the 05, you will find you are happy with either. It is all about driveability. There are no changes in the suspension, just maybe larger wheels if you opt for that on the 05. Everything else is cosmetic save for the HP. The 05 has extra weight and I don't think you will see any 0-60 gains with the 05. Maybe top end 1/4 mile speed may be better but I even doubt that is enough reason to spend more. Yes, resale will be higher but so is purchase price , and buying new leaves a larger hit in the first three years of ownership.Besides, you have the hog for speed. Whichever you buy, the G will be enjoyed.

Old 01-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I've driven an 03.5 and was VERY impressed. Your right G35sedanman, I doubt I would notice much difference between the two and cost is an important factor in my decision. I do like that the 05s have the body colored lowers, but since I'm going to purchase a black G it may not make that much difference. If it does, I can always shell out the money to have them painted. I was planning on waiting until May or June to make my purchase, but we'll see if I can hold out that long!

Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by harley01
I've driven an 03.5 and was VERY impressed. Your right G35sedanman, I doubt I would notice much difference between the two and cost is an important factor in my decision. I do like that the 05s have the body colored lowers, but since I'm going to purchase a black G it may not make that much difference. If it does, I can always shell out the money to have them painted. I was planning on waiting until May or June to make my purchase, but we'll see if I can hold out that long!
I have a silver 04 and the bottom sills are black. Truthfully, the painted do look nice. But, I would think chips will show. I have seen lots of people on this site talk about thin paint but no one is talking about chips on the sills from road debris. I'll bet in the near future, that will be an issue. At least that won't be seen with the black sills. Everything has an upside, we just have to find it. I'ne said it before, I strongly resent Infinti Corporate Consumer Services and if the dealer had not been helpful, I would not be enjoying my G now. For me to say this, you know I must really enjoy my car.

Old 01-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I bought a black 03 with 22K miles a few weeks ago for $25K in Kansas City. It has the willow interior, sport package, premium package, aero package, and Xenon headlamps. The MSRP on the car was $34,200 back in 03.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You have to remember, there are some '03's out there that are pushing 3 years old, not sure how they handle that when figuring the resale value since they are more like a '02 model in some respects as far as age.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
The 05 G's have a pretty noticable gain in HP. The 05 G35 sedan/coupe with automatic tranny comes with 280hp and if you get the 6speed you get to play with 298hp, so if your want alittle more go then go for the 05's and yea the depreciation is very very good on the Infiniti, the best in its class IMO.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Coupe aside (it has one of the BEST resale values period, there are articles all over the web).

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/resale_values/

The 03 was Car of the Year, the 04 finished at the top of it's class.

05 comes out and improves in all the areas the critics slammed on the 03/04.

I think your safe.

What hurts resale a little now is they are blowing out the 04s with 3500 dollar rebates and 1.9% financing.

What I found was that I could get a brand new 04.5 sedan with just Sport/Leather (my only two true requirements) for about the same (27k) as a used sedan with the premium package.

25k is about the best I could find on a good low mileage (sub 20k) used 04 (through Hertz used car sales)

Any lower than this and the car normally had north of 35k miles on it.

Since it takes me almost 4 years to rack up those kind of miles, I wasn't interested.

Nonetheless, great car in just about any shape form or color....

I had an American car before the G35, so I don't want to hear anyone complain about depreciation! Paid 21k, 2.5 years later it was worth 9k. My fear was that if I kept it till it was paid off that it would be hard to find someone who would trade me a case of beer for it....

Last edited by socketz; 01-28-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by socketz
Coupe aside (it has one of the BEST resale values period, there are articles all over the web).

I think your safe.

What hurts resale a little now is they are blowing out the 04s with 3500 dollar rebates and 1.9% financing.

What I found was that I could get a brand new 04.5 sedan with just Sport/Leather (my only two true requirements) for about the same (27k) as a used sedan with the premium package.

25k is about the best I could find on a good low mileage (sub 20k) used 04 (through Hertz used car sales)

Since it takes me almost 4 years to rack up those kind of miles, I wasn't interested.

I had an American car before the G35, so I don't want to hear anyone complain about depreciation! Paid 21k, 2.5 years later it was worth 9k. My fear was that if I kept it till it was paid off that it would be hard to find someone who would trade me a case of beer for it....

LMAO! That trade you a case of beer line was great!

Old 01-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Really, trading an Amarican car in is almost as bad as walking into the dealer and saying "I'd like to finance through you, but by the way, I have a bankruptcy on my record".

I mean my car was perfect, not a scratch with ultra low miles. KBB was like 12k.

Basically, resale seems to have little to do with the condition of the car and everything to do with the popularity (i.e. value).

The used car market is brutal these days if your trying to unload something that's unpopular.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by socketz

I think your safe.

What was that, a Taurus? LOL! I wouldn't buy a former rental car from what I have seen.

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 01-28-2005 at 11:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 depreciation