G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Guess I picked a bad day to quit smoking the rock (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/428639-guess-i-picked-bad-day-quit-smoking-rock.html)

XiN 09-05-2013 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 6807733)
Did you ever ask the girl if she still had stock wheels?

She doesn't. Tim asked them when he was looking at the car. I know this because Tim called me right after he looked at the car to let me know that he was alive and on his way back home.

Diode Dynamics 09-05-2013 11:54 AM

Hmmm....I think OP is giving the sellers too much credit, they seem sketchy from first impressions

Nick C.

Mustang5L5 09-05-2013 11:56 AM

That's why i suggested car-faxing the VIN to see if any info as to when they aquired the car. If you know someone in the insurance industry, you can have them run the VIN and get a history as well.

Buying a car and selling it in 2 months seems odd....unless the car is a total POS.

WhosUrBuddiee 09-05-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by XiN (Post 6807837)
She doesn't. Tim asked them when he was looking at the car. I know this because Tim called me right after he looked at the car to let me know that he was alive and on his way back home.

Definitely sounds like she bought it as-is an has no idea the wheels are stolen. Tim should ask her if she has any contact information for the previous seller so he can ask about maintenance history.

Mustang5L5 09-05-2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 6807843)
Tim should ask her if she has any contact information for the previous seller so he can ask about maintenance history.

Valid question if she's owned the car short term.

However, the police should be able to find that info out as well using the VIN

:dunno:

Diode Dynamics 09-05-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 (Post 6807847)
Valid question if she's owned the car short term.

However, the police should be able to find that info out as well using the VIN

:dunno:

Would the VIN have updated information about the wheels? :dunno:

Nick C.

turok 09-05-2013 12:04 PM

^ No, but the assumption is that whoever owned the car earlier also "owned" the wheels.

XiN 09-05-2013 12:12 PM

It's not Tim's responsibility to find the previous owner of the wheels or how they got into this vehicle in the first place. That's the job for the police. He's handling it properly, with logic and going through the proper channels, unlike many of us who would probably just have stolen them right back. I keep telling Tim we should just leave the car on bricks like they left his car on bricks.

However, all things aside, we don't know if they're the ones responsible for the theft or not and we don't have any proof. Remember, in this country (ideally anyway), we're all innocent until proven guilty and there isn't any proof that Tim or any of us can provide that these people stole his wheels.

All Tim can do is provide ownership of the wheels, along with police reports, and evidence that these wheels are his property and were illegally obtained. After that, it's in the hands of the law.

But let's just say that these people weren't responsible for the theft and they're just assed out on a set of wheels for a car they're trying to sell. Well, that definitely does suck and it isn't fair. The world isn't fair and there are days where things just suck. Ask Tim how he felt when he woke up in the morning and found his car on blocks.

Blue Dream 09-05-2013 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 6807733)
Did you ever ask the girl if she still had stock wheels?

Yep and she doesn't.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee (Post 6807843)
Definitely sounds like she bought it as-is an has no idea the wheels are stolen. Tim should ask her if she has any contact information for the previous seller so he can ask about maintenance history.

It's too late for me to do that since I've already looked at the car. That'll be the police's responsibility.

Originally Posted by XiN (Post 6807861)
It's not Tim's responsibility to find the previous owner of the wheels or how they got into this vehicle in the first place. That's the job for the police. He's handling it properly, with logic and going through the proper channels, unlike many of us who would probably just have stolen them right back. I keep telling Tim we should just leave the car on bricks like they left his car on bricks.

However, all things aside, we don't know if they're the ones responsible for the theft or not and we don't have any proof. Remember, in this country (ideally anyway), we're all innocent until proven guilty and there isn't any proof that Tim or any of us can provide that these people stole his wheels.

All Tim can do is provide ownership of the wheels, along with police reports, and evidence that these wheels are his property and were illegally obtained. After that, it's in the hands of the law.

But let's just say that these people weren't responsible for the theft and they're just assed out on a set of wheels for a car they're trying to sell. Well, that definitely does suck and it isn't fair. The world isn't fair and there are days where things just suck. Ask Tim how he felt when he woke up in the morning and found his car on blocks.

True that my friend. All I want is my wheels back and the people responsible for the theft caught and prosecuted. Son is correct, I've done my due diligence and provided information to the cops that the wheels are no doubt mine. I had a Constable stop by the house this morning and he let me know that they have pushed my case to the top of the list because the car's for sale. They're obtaining a search warrant from the DA and might possibly seize the car because it could be a part of a bigger theft ring. I have no idea if the family that owns it is involved, my gut says they're not, but at this point it's up to the police to investigate and see if they can tie the family to the theft in any way. If they're not involved but are an innocent third party then it sucks to be them, they will probably get the car back w/o wheels, but Son's right. It sucked to be me the morning I discovered the theft and getting my rims back is beyond comprehension, I had given them up for gone.

Updates will roll in as I get them so keep your popcorn hot and buttered!!

Diode Dynamics 09-05-2013 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dream (Post 6807878)
Yep and she doesn't.

It's too late for me to do that since I've already looked at the car. That'll be the police's responsibility.

True that my friend. All I want is my wheels back and the people responsible for the theft caught and prosecuted. Son is correct, I've done my due diligence and provided information to the cops that the wheels are no doubt mine. I had a Constable stop by the house this morning and he let me know that they have pushed my case to the top of the list because the car's for sale. They're obtaining a search warrant from the DA and might possibly seize the car because it could be a part of a bigger theft ring. I have no idea if the family that owns it is involved, my gut says they're not, but at this point it's up to the police to investigate and see if they can tie the family to the theft in any way. If they're not involved but are an innocent third party then it sucks to be them, they will probably get the car back w/o wheels, but Son's right. It sucked to be me the morning I discovered the theft and getting my rims back is beyond comprehension, I had given them up for gone.

I'm impressed with how you have handled this situation and I'm glad to see things lining up in your favor. This is an unfortunate situation for the family selling the car, but who knows, they may be involved and deserve legal ramifications.

I look forward to seeing how this situation unfolds and I hope you get those wheels back!

Nick C.

NFSP G35 09-05-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dream (Post 6807878)

Oh I'm allllways hot and buttered.

wait, what?

redpearl99 09-05-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by NFSP G35 (Post 6807895)
Oh I'm allllways hot and buttered.

wait, what?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte.../goatstare.gif

WhosUrBuddiee 09-05-2013 01:50 PM

If you do get the wheels back, you should offer to sell the the mustang wheel.

NFSP G35 09-05-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by redpearl99 (Post 6807911)

https://31.media.tumblr.com/70fb936d...djfao1_500.gif

Diode Dynamics 09-05-2013 02:19 PM

^^^hahahaha yes! That's exactly the one that came to mind!

Nick C.