G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 Sedan Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Sedan Splash Guards

I've heard that Infiniti is unhappy with the current 05 sedan splash guards and is in the process of changing vendors. Does this apply to all splash guard colors? The dealers don't seem to have heard this message, as they have splash guards in stock and will put them on if asked. I told the dealer that the splash guards are being replaced, and they didn't know anything about it and again offered to sell me some of their stock.

I'm reluctant to purchase splash guards from this dealers stock, as I think they are the bad ones. Should I wait for the new splash guards? Has anyone had any issues like this with their dealer?

Old 02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Mine are excellent.
If you don't want their splashguards don't get them.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Gee, you keep rubbing it in!

I just got a call from my dealer saying they now actually have part nos. for the '05 splash guards and hopefully will receiving them soon.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
I am planning to install them pretty soon

Shall i wait or what

Old 04-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I bought the 2005 splashguards about 4 months ago and still have them in the box.

I was going to install them myself so I could be real careful and make sure there was no plastic to paint rubbing.

Now I'm wondering if I should just be lazy and let the dealership install them on my next oil change appt.

Anyone care to comment on what they think?
On one hand the dealership should have more experience installing them and they have all the tools. On the other than I would be far more picky and careful, and I would wash the whole area before installing.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by GaryC
I've heard that Infiniti is unhappy with the current 05 sedan splash guards and is in the process of changing vendors. Does this apply to all splash guard colors? The dealers don't seem to have heard this message, as they have splash guards in stock and will put them on if asked. I told the dealer that the splash guards are being replaced, and they didn't know anything about it and again offered to sell me some of their stock.

I'm reluctant to purchase splash guards from this dealers stock, as I think they are the bad ones. Should I wait for the new splash guards? Has anyone had any issues like this with their dealer?
From what I recall, the 05 sedan splash guards and chin spoiler were "recalled" around the middle of January (supposedly for poor paint match) until about the middle/end of March.. around that time, they became available again at dealers.. thats when I purchased my stuff (from Justin @ www.everythingg35.com)..

As for installing the splash guards, it looks to be really easy.. there are holes to drill for each splash guard, but its all done on the underside of the side sill and rear bumper.. I believe the additional hardware required to mount the splash guards uses the existing screws that are already there.. installing the chin spoiler was a little more involved.. I couldnt bring myself to drill 4 giant holes in my front bumper so I asked my friend to do it .. but I have no hesitation installing my own splash guards, which I will do this coming weekend..

Old 06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I finally got my 2005 splash guards installed. I just realized that the inside (part that takes the splash from the tire) is also painted rather than black plastic. Has anyone run into problems with that paint chipping off due to it being 'sandblasted' by the tire splash?

Old 06-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I had the dealer install the 05 splash guards on my sedan. the first set did not work well. the pass. side rear came unglued, and both rears never fit properly at the trailing edge.

the dealer ordered a new set for me, without me even asking. the new set came with the sticky tape covering the the trailing edge competely! a perfectly flush fit!

funny thing is, i looked at a couple of sedans in the showroom with "factory" installed spalsh guards and they didn't fit well either, but again the replacement set is perfect.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:46 AM
gee35x is there any chance of a couple of pictures that hilight the look of the splashguards on your LS X. My sig will tell you why.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:19 AM
I wax the 'inside' of the splash guard when I wax the car. Worrying about paint chips there is splitting hair, IMHO.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by big daddy d
gee35x is there any chance of a couple of pictures that hilight the look of the splashguards on your LS X. My sig will tell you why.
Here are a couple of pics I just went out and took for you. The car has not been washed for a few days, but it will give you an idea of the splashguards on the 05 X Sedan.
Wayne

Attached Thumbnails 05 Sedan Splash Guards-splashguards.jpg   05 Sedan Splash Guards-front-splashguard.jpg   05 Sedan Splash Guards-rear-splashguard.jpg  
Old 06-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Damn! Thats my car! Thanks for taking those shots. Very kind. I bet those help a lot with the Ontario salt festival. Had any adhesion issues? Any mods coming up?

Old 06-04-2005, 12:14 PM
BTW what level of tint is that? The cops aren't really 'tint friendly' in Vancouver (too many dope dealers I guess).

Old 06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by big daddy d
BTW what level of tint is that? The cops aren't really 'tint friendly' in Vancouver (too many dope dealers I guess).
Thanks Big daddy. It's my wife's car, I just drive it most of the time. So I'm taking it easy on the mods, just the z-tube and clears so far. A certain person on this board has let her drive their M45 Sport and that is the modification she would like, to go from the G to the M .

As to the splashguards, the dealer installed them on the car when new and I have had no problems with them, they do help on the heavily salted and sanded roads in the winter.

The tint is 35 % which is legal in Ontario.

Wayne