G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Things to look for when taking delivery of a 2005 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Things to look for when taking delivery of a 2005 Sedan?

Well, I'm getting closer and closer to purchasing a new 2005 Sedan. Options have been selected. The price has been settled. It's time to finally bite the bullet and place an order for the car. In the event that they actually have a car on the lot (which they probably do) that matches my specs, what should I look for when I go out to inspect it?

Those of you that have had the car for a while: What things should I (and others) look for before taking ownership of the car? Are there any issues that seemed to crop up, or any faults that you seemed to find only after you drove off the lot?

Any and all tips / posts would be appreciated! If anything, rant about all the things you've had happen (that aren't your own fault ) with your cars. Any rattles? Recurring problems? Any outright flaws? Anything you wish you'd noticed before you drove off the lot would be appreciated.

By the way, if I get enough items, I'll write up a checklist and post it here.

~ Mike

Old 02-19-2005, 08:02 PM
I doubt that you will be able to drive your new G before you sign on the dotted line, but you should at least be able to look it over very carefully before finalizing the deal.

The only thing that my car was missing was the Nav. manual which they offered to send to me over night mail.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
for me, i just basically paid attention to the car's paint, rims, and leather seats, so it's best to pick the car up when the sun is still out. the issues that i've had with my sedan didn't happen until i started driving the car regularly.

oh, if you're ordering a package that includes several options, i'd check for those, too. for example, i've gotten a few loaners with the "premium package," but were missing either the homelink rearview mirror buttons or the auto-on headlamps. good luck!

Last edited by g35girl; 02-19-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by mhollinger
Those of you that have had the car for a while: What things should I (and others) look for before taking ownership of the car? Are there any issues that seemed to crop up, or any faults that you seemed to find only after you drove off the lot?
Mike,

I'm sure you'll get lots of great suggestions as to how to inspect. One of the things that I saw suggested by someone else seems obvious, but worth restating. Look at the sticker and make sure ALL of the options you ordered are indeed present.