G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wanting to Buy a G35 (350GT) my events

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to Buy a G35 (350GT) my events

Hi everyone, This will be my first post on this forum

I'm from Australia QLD and i'm deadset on purchasing my own G35 or known mostly here as the 350gt,

All of the 350gts(G35s) here are direct imports from japan you can find some labeled as infiniti but these are still direct imports and i am yet to find one directly translated and fixed for english use,

anyways,

I'm looking in the budget of 10-20k and i found one relatively close owned by a private dealership, im not one to really like to buy things from a dealer as usually the cars are treated like commodities and allot of cheap things are done sometimes to get the car ready for roadworthy (australia requires every car on the road to pass a roadworthy inspection,)

anyway the car was advertised for 17k, originally and i watched as the dealer lowered it's price day by day, eventually being 14k when i got there it was a 2004 nissan 350gt badged Skyline with a stock spoiler 100,000ks and was the 6spd manual variation, i noticed the steering wheel was without buttons and was badged skyline aswell, i took it for a drive felt very nice strong the steering felt very stiff not sure if thats how they are but still nevertheless felt very nice, pearl white in color

the guy didn't know much about it and didn't have import papers which kinda sucked but i tried to look for any ware that would occur if the ks were not legitimate nothing could be found everything looked very smooth everything operated correctly.

then the price came and seeing as the car was up for 14k i said id be happy to pay 11 and he then said that it's a bit of a lowball offer, which it was just to see how negotiable he was, then i said 12 and he declined, he then said someone would pay him 13.5 and i said oh ok 13.5 then and he said yeah id be happy at 14k, and i said id think about it i also asked him if it had much interest on the car and he said it was crazy amount of interest... which i didn't really believe as i've seen a fair few of these cars just sitting at this price range for ages.

anyway, i said id have a think about it and he said he would do 14k for me only that week, and i just said i would think about it, anyway come the next day lol he raised the price on the advertisement to 15k. i laughed a week later it's dropped down to 13,995

anyway longstory short id love to be redirected to a thread or post or perhaps some advise on what to look for in these cars i'm looking to own one for atleast a couple of years i don't see myself selling one in a long time so i wanna make sure i get started off with someone good,

also should i definately aim to get one with the brembo brake package i'd most likely be upgrading to brembos but new brembos cost a fortune might aswell get them when i get a car right lol,

anyway glad there is such a big forum here

hopefully ill have my G in the next couple of months

( i currently own a Subaru impreza 2.5L RS) just using it as a daily

Old 07-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oops posted this in the sedan section not coupe :/