G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003 G35 Sedan vibration while driving and noise when turning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 Sedan vibration while driving and noise when turning

This issue started 2 days ago...

Well I already know my car is due for an alignment since it has a slight pull and I scheduled that and a state inspection this week, but ended canceling the appointment once I started having weird issues on my daily 110 mile commute 2 days ago.

I'll start off by saying I have all season general tires on my G and that the front right rim is bent, and I had some vibration issues before, but I got it road force balanced, which ironed out the vibration. 2 days ago on my commute home from work I noticed my car was harder to drive. By that I mean steering was stiffer, it did not accelerate as easily, and had a slight vibration at the wheel accompanied by a Woooshing sound from outside (similar to wind noise). I also noticed that when turning into my neighborhood I heard under my car what sounded like an old mattress spring.

Compression rod bushing?
Ball bearings?
Tires need rebalancing?

I'm having a mechanic friend look at it tomorrow, but just wanted to help pinpoint the issue before hand.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 08-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
RWD car? First thing i'd do is jack up the front end and spin the wheels and see if any are dragging or making noise while turning.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes RWD automatic. Thanks for the response. if the wheels drag what would that mean?

Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
can you lift up the car and shake the wheels?

Can be a lot of things that creak.. could be compression rods, bushing, or maybe even ball joints..

get it up on a lift and pull/push/turn the wheels.. youtube has some thing you can do as a basic check.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Well took it our go to mechanic who also owns a G35 and he said everything under the car was perfect and everything was tight. I got my tires balanced last night and had them swap out the bent rim with the spare. I haven't been on the highway yet to see if the problem is fixed or not. As for the noise while turning, I haven't been able to reproduce the spring noise, I guess our cars are known to make the occasional noise I will get an alignment done next week and see how that goes. The car does have some pull to the right. I believe this started when driving to work, I had to drive half on the road and half in the grass/small curb while turning into my work parking lot since they had the whole road blocked off with construction. So maybe that threw my alignment off even further?