G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sedan driver waved at me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedan driver waved at me.

This afternoon at about 4:00 pm I was taking my daughter to dance class and a desert platinum sedan, driving in the opposite direction waved as he passed. I used to aknowledge other G35 drivers, but never really got a wave back, so in my surprise tonight I didn't wave back at this fella.
Eeks, sorry mate..if your a member on this forum and happen to read this I apologise, you took me by surprise..

BTW, it was Washington Street, going West in Grayslake. I was driving the DG sedan.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think most don't even realize they saw the same car, some snobby people do drive G's, or LOL, maybe they just came from the dealer and had to have new brakes, and decided they didn't really like their G anymore!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:14 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
We have a thread about snobby G35 drivers on the South Fourm. It seems most G35 drivers are too snobby to recognize other G35 drivers. Go figure.
If you are a G35Drivers.com member, you would probabbly wave/flash/peace sign back. If they don't recognize another G35, they must be old and rich and
be in the car by mistake!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:35 AM
When I had a Fiat 124 Spyder we always waved at each other, and there were not a whole lot of us. With the top down it was easy to give and see a wave. In sedans with A/C and windows up (and some woth tints) it may be harder to see a wave. I've tried on occasion, but didn't get a response. I'll try again. There are a lot more G35s than there were 124 Spyders too.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm...I always have people "waving" at me. Do you really think it is because they like the car? :P

Old 02-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi, Im fairly new to the forum, Im just about to pick up my '05 g35x in about an hour. Im trading in my wrx. Thats one thing Ill miss with the subaru, is that fellow wrx owners acknowledge each other as they drive by or with you. When I was on the cobbtuning forum, We got stickers that we could put on our windsheild, is there anything like this for this forum??

Jason

Old 02-26-2005, 09:20 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Britishbloke
This afternoon at about 4:00 pm I was taking my daughter to dance class and a desert platinum sedan, driving in the opposite direction waved as he passed. I used to aknowledge other G35 drivers, but never really got a wave back, so in my surprise tonight I didn't wave back at this fella.
Eeks, sorry mate..if your a member on this forum and happen to read this I apologise, you took me by surprise..

BTW, it was Washington Street, going West in Grayslake. I was driving the DG sedan.

hahaha , he couldn't have been one of us........for sure he would have waived..
I waive anyway...I guess I'm not what you would call 'cool'..in any case there's still so few G's here 'up north', I waive at anything 'Infiniti' : all G's, I's, Q's even QX's and dealerships....lol.
We're so wacked up here I waived at an Infiniti dealership the other day and all the people in the showroom cheered as I passed.

Keep waiving bro. The ones that have a 'heartbeat' will reciprocate.

Colin

Old 02-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by cato
We have a thread about snobby G35 drivers on the South Fourm. It seems most G35 drivers are too snobby to recognize other G35 drivers. Go figure.
When I first started shopping for a new car, I didn't initially consider the Infiniti G35. In fact, I felt I rarely saw any around my area (Long Island) and thought there was a reason why it wasn't so popular. When I did finally buy one, I saw the G's all around me!

I used to get excited when I saw one and usually pulled up behind or around to the side. Just wanted to flash the high sign, great car, yadda yadda. But never even got a turn of the head or a glance out the side. Especially from the coupes - maybe they figured an old guy in a G35 sedan wasn't worth the energy.

I get a better response from the Acuras, BMWs, and Civics - that is before I drop them...

Old 02-26-2005, 11:43 AM
"When I did finally buy one, I saw the G's all around me!"

It's definitely an unassuming car. You don't really notice it until you stop and pay attention to it - from there, I've yet to find anyone that has anything but positive things to say. Most of the positive comments I draw are on the color (tb). To be honest, alot of people I drive around also rave about the sound/clarity of the base stereo. Believe that. I like the base stereo, but never thought it would draw as much attention as it does.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
Originally Posted by G ThirtyFizzleX
When I was on the cobbtuning forum, We got stickers that we could put on our windsheild, is there anything like this for this forum??Jason
gthirtyfizzlex... they were selling "g35driver.com ______ (northeast, southeast, midwest, etc) member" stickers a while ago. the sale thread should be a sticky in your regional forum, at least that's how it is in the midwestern one.

if i see a G, i do the wave or head nod and smile in return. i usually get more "hellos" from the G coupes though. i find a lot of sedans here are busy - cell phone, passengers, etc.

Old 02-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g35girl
gthirtyfizzlex... they were selling "g35driver.com ______ (northeast, southeast, midwest, etc) member" stickers a while ago. the sale thread should be a sticky in your regional forum, at least that's how it is in the midwestern one.

if i see a G, i do the wave or head nod and smile in return. i usually get more "hellos" from the G coupes though. i find a lot of sedans here are busy - cell phone, passengers, etc.
That's because you are such a likeable young lady Christine! I'd wave, and even honk the horn a couple of times!