G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My '04 G35x AWD Sedan Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Drop the cone and put your stock box back on with a panel filter or get a stillen box. You'll lose some low end torque the way you have it set up. Those that argue heat soak is negligible at moving speeds.. I'm sorry. Even with my stock box/ztube/panel when I remove the 'power duct' I lose low and top end. No doubt that it probably sounds bad as* lol.

Please post a sound clip after the headers!! I just put a berk hfcs on with a megan y and i'll be cutting the old res out and adding a 16 in vibrant bullet res with a perf muffler. I think the setup will be similar enough to see if I want to add headers.

Curious about that big bore throttle body too, my buddy has it on his z and loves it. He has every bolt on imaginable with a tune and it moves.

You may want to tune the car soon too as these breather mods will lean you out a bit.

Last edited by cenzo6mt; 09-27-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti_G35x (09-27-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cenzo6mt
Drop the cone and put your stock box back on with a panel filter or get a stillen box. You'll lose some low end torque the way you have it set up. Those that argue heat soak is negligible at moving speeds.. I'm sorry. Even with my stock box/ztube/panel when I remove the 'power duct' I lose low and top end. No doubt that it probably sounds bad as* lol.

Please post a sound clip after the headers!! I just put a berk hfcs on with a megan y and i'll be cutting the old res out and adding a 16 in vibrant bullet res with a perf muffler. I think the setup will be similar enough to see if I want to add headers.

Curious about that big bore throttle body too, my buddy has it on his z and loves it. He has every bolt on imaginable with a tune and it moves.

You may want to tune the car soon too as these breather mods will lean you out a bit.

so your saying i should keep the metal intake tube but just put my old air filter box on? Thats def a possibility i do notice that i am loosing low end power.

Glad you asked about the exhaust , i only had the muffler put on cuz the guy at the shop told me it would be a pain in the *** to install headers and cats would not be worth it. So i just got the muffler put on, gonna do the rest later from a different shop that knows how to work on a VQ

Sorry about sound quality, stupid iphone was cutting out at high dB i think...

Old 09-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Proforged sway bar end links, the ones that are on my car are rusted pretty bad.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Got the sound system installed finally, sounds real good but im a little unhappy at how the shop i went to put my car back together, alot of the plastics are not clipped back in, they told me it was because the power wire for the amp was too thick, but when i went there the first time they told me they could do it no problem. also the seat was moved out and not put back where it was originally. The whole reason i paid all the money to have some one else install it was so that didn't happen so im a little unhappy about that.

on another note i got a brand new OEM floor mat set, and check out the back up cam!

Sound Clip of New Sound System >>>

Old 10-01-2016, 08:32 AM
I would definitely put the stock box on until you can save up for a stillen or jwt. Stillen > Jwt atleast in my mind. The stillen is a closer design to stock, as far as the headers and cat combo, I haven't really heard of that popping a check engine light, you could always ceramic coat the headers for more efficient heat transfer properties.

Not a huge fan of the muffler tip lol, but it sounds nice. As far as that back up cam.... bravo lol bravo.

Infiniti_G35x (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 10:16 AM
I would definitely put the stock box on until you can save up for a stillen or jwt. Stillen > Jwt atleast in my mind. The stillen is a closer design to stock, as far as the headers and cat combo, I haven't really heard of that popping a check engine light, you could always ceramic coat the headers for more efficient heat transfer properties.

Not a huge fan of the muffler tip lol, but it sounds nice. As far as that back up cam.... bravo lol bravo.
Good looks man gonna look into the stillen intake. I personally like the look of the oval muffler tip. Gives it a sort of euro look and it's not the same circle shape you see on every civic with a fart can on it.

Thanks for the input/ advice

Old 10-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Infiniti_G35x
Good looks man gonna look into the stillen intake. I personally like the look of the oval muffler tip. Gives it a sort of euro look and it's not the same circle shape you see on every civic with a fart can on it.

Thanks for the input/ advice
Haha I'll give you that, the oval looks way better than a 4.5-5 in single circle. Also too I was looking at it from eye level I'm sure it looks nicer from a normal perspective.

Infiniti_G35x (10-01-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 11:51 PM
PML powder coated cast aluminium transmission pan and bc racing coil over kit on the way, think im gonna attempt to install the stuff myself (and with a friends help). any tips would be appreciated thanks!

Old 10-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Finally getting the DC sport headers and kinetix racing hi flow cats installed today!!! Found a performance garage 10 minutes down the street from me i brought the car in to have them look and they said they could do it no problem, will have pics and video soon.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Infiniti_G35x
Finally getting the DC sport headers and kinetix racing hi flow cats installed today!!! Found a performance garage 10 minutes down the street from me i brought the car in to have them look and they said they could do it no problem, will have pics and video soon.
If you wouldn't mind letting us know the labor cost, I've been looking into headers before I get my tune. Also, keep us updated on the supposed 'check engine light' you are 'going to get' lol.

Infiniti_G35x (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 07:00 PM
If you wouldn't mind letting us know the labor cost, I've been looking into headers before I get my tune. Also, keep us updated on the supposed 'check engine light' you are 'going to get' lol.
For sure, the dude guesstimated the labor cost at 5-6 hundo ( including the cat install ) but said it could be more. $75 an hour are their labor rates, it was postered right in the waiting room. A lot of people online and a few shops I went to told me the power gains do not outweigh the cost, time, labor for installing headers, after the cost of installation I'm gonna be in it over a grand. Def keep u guys updated on everything. Thanks for checking in!

Old 10-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Picked up the car this morning, needless to say its alot louder! Almost to loud though has that annoying hi pitched muffler sound that alot of civics have and im not crazy about the sound. Maybe need to put a resonator or better muffler on it, also guy at the shop said i should look into bigger diameter exhaust pipe. They only billed me for 10 hours of labor but they guy said he was going at it for 12. $700 to install the headers and cats.

Also got my BC racing coil over kit in today, gonna try to tackle that with a buddy on tuesday.

Headers and High flow cats Video

Old 10-06-2016, 03:41 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
So including the header/cat cost you ran headlong into a $1000 mod that resulted in a shi**y sounding exhaust that probably netted you no significant power gains. Congrats, I guess..........

Old 10-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
So including the header/cat cost you ran headlong into a $1000 mod that resulted in a shi**y sounding exhaust that probably netted you no significant power gains. Congrats, I guess..........
Dunno where all this negative aggression is coming from? I wanted to do something cool to my car. I don't think it sounds shitty just need to get a resonator and better muffler. Thanks for your input, I guess

cenzo6mt (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Digging your build. Keep it up bro

Infiniti_G35x (10-06-2016)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My '04 G35x AWD Sedan Thread