G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003 G35 Sedan steering problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 Sedan steering problems

So I recently changed out a broken steering pump and the power steering was fixed but still stiff. The problem at that time was that the steering wheel wouldn't turn back to its "original state" or return straight almost like its stuck on something and I would have to force it back straight. I'm wondering what could be the problems for that.

Another problem came up about 2 days ago where the steering would get stuck and I would have to use a lot of force to turn almost like there's no power steering but there's fluid pumping through the steering pump. What could I do to fix the problems?

Old 04-29-2017, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by itmightbefinal
So I recently changed out a broken steering pump and the power steering was fixed but still stiff. The problem at that time was that the steering wheel wouldn't turn back to its "original state" or return straight almost like its stuck on something and I would have to force it back straight. I'm wondering what could be the problems for that.

Another problem came up about 2 days ago where the steering would get stuck and I would have to use a lot of force to turn almost like there's no power steering but there's fluid pumping through the steering pump. What could I do to fix the problems?
Ever consider consulting/reading the FSM and carefully following the directions?
You may have air in the system

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2003/ps

See page PS-24

Telcoman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.