G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

with polyurethane bushings are stronger sway bar links recommended?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with polyurethane bushings are stronger sway bar links recommended?

I'm getting a squeak from my front end that I have no experience with diagnosing. I can barely hear it on the freeway but I can certainly tell it is aligned with all the bouncyness of the car. seems to be mostly when the car is bouncing from left to right and that is why I suspect the sway bar may have something to do with it.
I have poly bushings all around on the front and back. but I never did the sway bar bushings with poly bushings. I have a moog one that I ordered from rock auto for like 6$ it says in the info that it's not supposed to squeak like poly bushings lol

also my sway bar links are the cheap moog ones with the zerk fitting on them I was going to see if maybe putting more grease would help or should I try spraying all my bushings with silicone spray until the squeak goes away as some have suggested?

Old 06-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
OMG Ninljabong, your G shouldn't ever have the bouncyness you describe! Planted and firm is what you should be experiencing...fact! Maybe you should be buying shocks rather than sway bar bushings and not Moog or from Rock Auto! Check on our Marketplace under vendor suspension, KYBs should get the job done! Silicone spray should stop the squeak if it's coming from the bushings!
Gary

Old 06-06-2017, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
OMG Ninljabong, your G shouldn't ever have the bouncyness you describe! Planted and firm is what you should be experiencing...fact! Maybe you should be buying shocks rather than sway bar bushings and not Moog or from Rock Auto! Check on our Marketplace under vendor suspension, KYBs should get the job done! Silicone spray should stop the squeak if it's coming from the bushings!
Gary
thanks for the tip but I already bought kyb gr2s as well they are about a year old have been bouncy from day one. I've heard other people having the same complaint on the forums. have you not heard the same? I know poly bushings are going to increase ride harshness but that doesn't explain the squeaking still. I'm going to try the silicon and the re grease of the sway bar links see if that helps.
I wonder if my tires would contribute to bouncyness ? also It's only bouncy under 30mph I should have clarified. above 30mph its amazing. still a bit squeaky tho.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.