G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 sedan 2003 overheating?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonah Foust
So an update on my car. I took it to the shop and had them look at it just to get another idea of what could be wrong with it. They drove it for 35 miles, I checked because I recorded mileage before and after I took it in. They said it didn't overheat once, then I drove it home and nothing happened. The next day, It overheats just driving down the street. Same thing today. The hose coming from engine into radiator is boiling hot, the one leaving into the engine/thermostat, is cold as ice. Could that mean my water pump isn't pumping water at all? could the shaft in there be broken possibly? I've replaced my thermostat so I don't believe that would be it.
Lots of overheating issues lately.. must be summer

Could a number of things from post #2. Even just a blockage inside the rubber tubes can cause it. Start narrowing down the parts listed. Specifically:

- water pump
- all tubes/lines
- recheck thermostat
- fans
- fuses
- seals
- radiator cap
etc.

What sucks is that auto shops somehow can never replicate a problem when you take your car to them. Happened to me a few times with my brakes, which I ended up fixing myself (after paying them $800 for almost a brand new front brake system).

Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.