G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003 G35 having weird issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 having weird issue

Hello G FAM! 2003 G35 140,000 miles

Been having a weird issue this week. its happen to me twice now since Monday 8/14/17 and again yesterday 8/17/17

I came to a stop, went to put my foot on the gas pedal and no there was no acceleration, I noticed the car shut off and of course lost power steering. (dash lights and AC/radio was still on) I got it to the side of the road and turned the key to the off position. I popped the hood checked belts and whatnot. tried to start the car again and it wouldn't turn over. I waited about 5 mins, tried starting it again and VROOM it comes right on. I push the GAS pedal and its responding now. I drive it home and park it.

Just yesterday, I had the exact same issue. I came to a stop, went to press on the gas and nothing.... I turn it off try and turn it back on and its not turning over. I wait, turn the key again and VROOM comes on, I put in D and its responding now. I have an appointment to get it looked at Monday, but right now its running fine but its only a matter of time for it to do it again

any advice G fam!?

thanks!!!

Old 08-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Leland King
Hello G FAM! 2003 G35 140,000 miles

Been having a weird issue this week. its happen to me twice now since Monday 8/14/17 and again yesterday 8/17/17

I came to a stop, went to put my foot on the gas pedal and no there was no acceleration, I noticed the car shut off and of course lost power steering. (dash lights and AC/radio was still on) I got it to the side of the road and turned the key to the off position. I popped the hood checked belts and whatnot. tried to start the car again and it wouldn't turn over. I waited about 5 mins, tried starting it again and VROOM it comes right on. I push the GAS pedal and its responding now. I drive it home and park it.

Just yesterday, I had the exact same issue. I came to a stop, went to press on the gas and nothing.... I turn it off try and turn it back on and its not turning over. I wait, turn the key again and VROOM comes on, I put in D and its responding now. I have an appointment to get it looked at Monday, but right now its running fine but its only a matter of time for it to do it again

any advice G fam!?

thanks!!!
How old is the battery?
If more than a few years old test/and or replace it.

2003 G35 having weird issue-2ye57nq.jpg

Inspect battery post cables for tightness and corrosion

Grab your multi-meter and test the output voltage of your alternator across the battery terminals with the engine running.

2003 G35 having weird issue-mhfktva.jpg

Telcoman

Old 08-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The shutting off issue is possibly battery or group related. Check the battery condition and terminals. Are they corroded? Are they loose? How about your other grounds?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:49 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yep, definitely clean the terminals and wire (both ends), apply anti-oxidation grease and see if the issue persists. Inspect the entire length of the cables and look for any damage to the insulating jacket, many times I've seen small holes that rot out the wire inside the insulation.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
If you live up north where they salt the roads, its quite possible you have a bad ground somewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.