G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Front Bumper Cover Mounting Brackets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Front Bumper Cover Mounting Brackets

Does anyone know how the front bumper cover mounting bracket is attached to the actual bumper? This is the same bracket your city/parking lamps go into. Mine is rusted and just this last week cracked through. I have new ones from the dealer that I was going to put in but when I looked at the bumper, it almost looked like the piece is riveted to the bumper?

Piece 3 here:

https://www.trademotion.com/parts/20...iagram=3840008

Old 08-31-2017, 11:54 AM
It's rare but I can't be the first person running into this. Anyone?

Old 08-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Yup its riveted. I noticed that awhile back while looking for a new bumper but all the aftermarket ones didn't show the brackets. After calling the seller he informed me that the bumper didn't come with the brackets which I thought was weird.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez
Yup its riveted. I noticed that awhile back while looking for a new bumper but all the aftermarket ones didn't show the brackets. After calling the seller he informed me that the bumper didn't come with the brackets which I thought was weird.
You know, I went to ebay looking at bumpers figuring there'd be at least one good photo showing how the bracket fits and I noticed the same omission- no brackets on any of them. Thought that was weird.

Thanks for confirming man. Im wondering how all the folks buying aftermarket bumpers put everything together. I can get a riveter at harborfreight for cheap but I don't know if that's the route to take.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.