G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003 Audio Finisher Circuit Board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2003 Audio Finisher Circuit Board

Hi folks,

First post here but I've owned my 2003 G35 sedan since 2011. I bought it from its second owner with 105k miles. Some dings on it but otherwise in great shape. New tires, "new" brake pads (discovered the shop duped the owner and they put on 2 used pads, but onwards), aftermarket K&M cold air intake added.

I put 15k miles on it between 2011-2016. In early 2016, the camshaft sensors went out. Go figure, my VIN wasn't covered by the recall on it.

A few months later, the driver window motor went out. Had this promptly replaced.

A few months after that, the right front tie rod was making creaky noises (now around 124k miles). Turns out, it was almost broken through. Had this replaced because safety.

Now it's 2017. It's sitting at right under 130k miles. Interior is in beautiful shape, but things are starting to go. The passenger seat motor went out at the beginning of the year, and just recently, after turning on the AC, the whole console went out. The buttons still light up if my headlights are on, but they have no functionality (the AC is stuck on 78 in Texas heat ). Knock on wood, my steering wheel controls still work.

My understanding is that this is the audio finisher circuit board. What am I looking at to replace? If you were me, is this time to sell? It also needs new tires stat as these bad boys have almost 30k mi and 6-7 years on them. I booked it to be worth about $2,300 now. Is it worth fixing these things then selling? Throwing heck to the wind and selling without fixing? This car is my baby so these are some tough choices.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You can probably ebay the AC head unit for $200-300, maybe less, if you do the repair yourself then the vehicle is back in order except those tires.

Personally I'd just fix it, you're hard pressed to find nice clean vehicles for under $5k, especially ones with leather interior and lots of power goodies and a respectable amount of HP.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking to keep this car for at least 2 more years until the price on used FX37s come down into my range. I definitely would rather have a nice, used car than a cheap, new one.

Thanks for the tip off, I'll price AC head units on ebay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.