G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

g35 not receiving signal from KeyFob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking g35 not receiving signal from KeyFob

Hey guys. So i originally took my 06 G35 sedan over to the dealership due to the fact that my car was not starting. Key Fob was locking and unlocking, it was just not starting the vehicle. Even with the physical key the vehicle would not start. Starter, fuel pump, battery, Cam/Crank shaft sensors, etc. were all working properly but something was just not letting my vehicle start. Turned out to be the BCM that had gone out. So i bought a used BMC with the same part number and took it to the dealership to have the BCM reprogrammed. Once that was resolved, dealership is stating that car can now be turned on with the physical key but not the key fob. Car is not receiving a signal from key fob. Key fob cannot lock or unlock the car. Dealership told me it could be an antenna that is malfunctioning thus why car is not receiving signal from the key fob. I had told the Dealership Rep. that when i brought the car to them the key fob was locking and unlocking the car, it was just not turning on so i'm not understanding how that suddenly went out. Dealership tested the NATS antenna and that was not the issue. Seems like the dealership is trying to reel me in to get more money out of me. Has anybody experienced this issue or think maybe it has something to do with the BCM swap that caused my car not to receive signal from the Key Fob? THanks in advance.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
When you say dealership you mean the Nissan or Infiniti dealership in your area yes? Also, yes the antenna can fail.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Yes, sorry about that. I took it to my local Infiniti dealership.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:37 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I suspect something fishy as well since the antenna was obviously working prior to you bringing it in for service, I'd call them out on why it worked before and now it doesn't. Call Infiniti customer care and report as well. If you have a Nissan dealership in town maybe talk to them about the issue as well.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Yeah i'm going to pay them a visit over the weekend since i work for most of the day through out the week but I'll take your advise and call nissan to see what their input is on this issue. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.