G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003 G35 Sedan Throttle Body Quesiton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 Sedan Throttle Body Quesiton

Hi,

I have the code P0507 and have taken my car to at least 5 different shops who all tell me different things. The car seems to stutter and it's getting worse but hasn't ever completely stalled on me. It drives very rough right now at any speed. There is a power steering fluid leak but other than that, no other detectible leaks. Someone did a test and said they didn't see anything. Should I just replace the throttle body? A few have suggested that, but I'm afraid that might not be the real issue.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:12 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Try to pedal dance method to reset all 4 of these items.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/g35...procedure.html

You need a timer that shows seconds, the count needs to be very accurate, it might take a few tries to get some of them.

Check for any vacuum leaks, including removing the PCV valve, shake it, make sure it rattles.

Probably not the issue but fix the power steering leak, if it's leaking from the PS pump it can throw the system off because of the signal being returned from the power steering pressure switch (expects a certain value, adjusts idle as needed, if the correct change isn't made it screws everything up).

Your throttle actuator might just be screwed up, hopefully the reset works for you.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would start with cleaning the MAF and TB sensors. Inspect all the vacume hoses for leak. Replace air filter if needed. Put BG44K in the gas tank to clean the fuel system.

After you clean the sensors do the pedal relearn.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.